FWIW, another old domain registered

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2DMfan

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Ok, I got bored and went back to whois.net for a few minutes to see if anything new had popped up, it's not new, but it has been modified recently.

The new album is in all likelihood called Vertigo, but in addition to hanoverquay, I found a 3rd one that has been updated in 2004. Originalofthespecies.com and .org are registered to Cooke and DCC. It was registered in 2003, but was updated in April '04, so it might still be considered.

Just thought I'd share, even if it probably doesn't mean anything.

original of the species, what does that mean? Isn't Darwin's book called Origin of the species? original sounds kinda odd imo.

Origin of the species is one of the songs rumored to be on the album, radioskugga.

Numb1075 said:
i agree, "original of the species" sounds wrong. "origin of the species" sounds proper.

the domain is "original of the species".

isn't this song about edge's original way of playing? (i read it somewhere)
maybe i'm just crazy. :huh:

Bono said during the MSN chat way back when (I think) that "Original of the Species" is a song that Edge wrote for one of his daughters. If this song is on the album, I can see how it would make sense to register the domain since this is a unique play on words.

Yes, it't a song about one of Edge's daughters. SHe is an 'original' of the species. It's a leftover from ATYCLB sessions.

And 'original' of the species is a play on 'origin' of the species. It wouldn't make much sense to have a song called Yahweh and then a song titled after the evolution theory. Well U2 probably would like that paradox, but who knows? I still think it's questionable whether this song even makes the album.

I think these are just titles Adam gave to his brother so he could get a jump start on selling the rights back to the band. Allthatyoucantleavebehind.com/.org were registered but never used even though the album ended up being called that.

Yeesh. :rolleyes:

This guy is registering all the possible names he can think of so that he can sell try to them to the band. It happens all the time.

I hope that this song has survived after all of this time.......it was described as a "slinky jam"

Yeesh:rolleyes:

This guy also registered All That You Can't Leave Behind about a month before it the album title was public . Hmmmm....... maybe because they have about as good of an inside source as you can get being a member of the actual band.

I was just trying to add some new discussion, there hasn't been much recently. We know the album was lost or stolen but apparently those people aren't smart enough to burn it to mp3.

Also, you are going to lose that Vertigo bet.
:wink:

ok, i get the wordgame now :)

but i don't see why it would be strange if they have one song about religion (jahweh) and one about evolution.

And on another note, if the song was Origin of the species (which it apparantly is not) the lyrics could just as well have a totally different meaning than Darwin's work.

man am i tired of this speculating stuff, can't we just get some real information from PM or something to discuss instead :wink:

Hey all!
I think DaveC is gonna lose that bet too, though I hope he doesn't really. It's just not very 'original' feeling, but it's not awful or anything.
Doesn't the "latest news" on the CDstory actually again say something like "the album, Vertigo", without even a 'possibly called/rumored to be/tentatively titled" modifier? Felt like a positive stamp of "yeah, that's it" from Bono, given that the next line or the one before it or both had the quotes from him about how it would fuck things up but they'll release it asap if it escapes onto the net. Editorial license, i realize, but still....

And a slinky jam called 'original of the species' sounds like fun...a great word play potentially, 'specially if the lyrics are a cool little ode to how special a specific human is seen to be...how sweet.

I can't wait for this...it's getting really hard to wait...I don't want the boys to have their holidays wrecked or their planning messed up, but the idea that it's sitting about ready to go or just about is making me drool. I want it now...especially if it's rockin' cuz the warm weather is more fun for test-driving a hotter bigger angrier deal, no?!

cheers....

Back
Top Bottom