Future for The Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phalanx

War Child
When the members U2 go their own way, do you think Edge will go into producing, or will he just lay low?

I could definitely see him do some producing and background guitar work on things just like Eno and Lanois have. He's way to creative to lay low. He may at first, but I'm sure within a year or so he would be doing something. Probably work on some movie soundtracks too.

I would like to see what an Edge solo abum would be like...

Mark Knopfler (sp), Andy Summers, etc. (his peers) have gone that route... the Edge technically has one solo album with the soundtrack work for the movie, "The Captive." IMO, the Edge has expanded his bag of tricks so another album would be cool.

WARNING: (no members of U2 should read this-not that they would be here any way)

Edge has a great voice... I wonder what an album with his own band...his writtings and lyrics would sound like

Edge contributing his own lyrics to U2's music...kinda like Bono playing second fiddle on the lyric writing, even singing...it'd be great to get a sample of his own feelings in some really heavy songs, i.e. Bono's lyrics to 'Love is Blindness' or Bono's improvisations throughout live versions of 'Bullet the Blue Sky'

Last edited:
Oh, I would simply adore an Edge solo album. He'd definitely keep in the music industry, doing work for movies and the like. I doubt he'd cope without making music.

I wouldn't expect a solo album, simply because Edge doesn't seem to have any ambition to step up front. But producing or guest performances on other people's albums, sure.

Maybe he and Bono could be like Page & Plant and form Hewson & Evans, or something, :)

Saracene said:
Maybe he and Bono could be like Page & Plant and form Hewson & Evans, or something, :)
Hewson and Evans just doesn't have that powerful punch like Page & Plant...sounds more like a country duo. Either way, I don't see Bono and The Edge working alone without Adam and Larry.

I believe that when U2 calls in quits, the Edge could potentially be in his 60's, so I would see him doing things like soundtracks, and possibly some producing, but like some mentioned, nothing that is going to put him too out into the limelight.

He'll teach all the little kids on the street guitar lessons for 20 bucks a lesson :lol: When he's old he'll become like Obi Wan, living in a cave, and all the young boys will seek him and his wisdom for guidance!

Phalanx said:
When the members U2 go their own way, do you think Edge will go into producing, or will he just lay low?

:no: :scream: :censored: :madspit: :angry:

Why do people insist in the idea that U2 will one day stop being a band? Don't you guys listen to what they say or how obvious it is how much they love being in that band with on another, it is no fairy tale, it's very true and they have said it a million times. From now on we'll probably have to wait a long time to have a new U2 record because as they said they can't put another crappy album or whatever so they'll take their time. I don't think any of them would be satisfied as solo artists or working in someone else's projects for the rest of their lives. You don't hold on to a band for 25 years than quit unless they have no ideas or someone dies I think U2 will stay out there till someone drops dead or something. It's like people want them to quit, look at The Rolling Stones, AC/DC... doesn?t matter if you like their music or not, they are an example that a band can stay together and still put good music out there even if it's not the best music ever (but I think U2 will try their best to still make quality music). I think they are aware that they are probably more interesting when they are together. I don't think The Edge has to leave U2 to help some other band out he can do it while he is not on tour or making a new U2 record. However it would be interesting to see him doing some soundtrack work, just instrumental stuff but still I don?t think he would be fully satisfied with just that. I'm thinking too much, gotta rest now.....

BrazilianFly:

At some point they will go their own way. There are no two ways about it. I never said the band will dissolve, but they aren't going to be recording or touring for the rest of their lives.

Back
Top Bottom