Funny u2 moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carek1230 said:
Oh yea I remember that part too! I think Bono was mad. That was a stupid thing to do, throw water at the B-man! :mad:

And I just love when Bono calls Evie out onto the stage and they dance to MWays! I could watch that repeatedly for hours on end! It's so cute!

waynetravis said:
Edge: "OK, thats enough of this fuck crap, alright....I say its time to ROCK!!!!!"

audience: *cheers loudly*

*Singing In the Rain starts to play*
Haha yes o how great Popmart was.
discothequeLP said:
the Popmart Vegas rehearsals, when Edge gets super pissed that the band can't come in right on Mofo.
Might i ask if you have a clip of it? :wink:

Great thread GMAN!
Do you remember when a U2 MTV competitin winner from Poland and his "crazy" uncle won the prize of going on stage during Even Better Than The Real Thing and filming the whole lot. Hilarity ensued and it was all brilliant! Bono was unnecessarily harsh on them, but he was being the fly I suppose......great days! If you didn't see that Gman i'll find a way to send it to you.

Well done the Sad Punk, that is class! Bono was absolutely hammered wasn't he! great stuuf. I'd say he'd had 3 or bottles of red! He looked bloody cool at least!

An Cat Gav said:
Great thread GMAN!
Do you remember when a U2 MTV competitin winner from Poland and his "crazy" uncle won the prize of going on stage during Even Better Than The Real Thing and filming the whole lot. Hilarity ensued and it was all brilliant! Bono was unnecessarily harsh on them, but he was being the fly I suppose......great days! If you didn't see that Gman i'll find a way to send it to you.

Am not sure i have seen that Gav. Would be worth seeing.

I also think A day in the life of the edge has some class funny moments in it..........like wen Bono wakes edge up a few hrs earlier than he sed he would. The whole DEBOCHI thing. Wen Bono wants edge to swim ou to the boat coz it would look good on the film.

The whole of the "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" video, particularly Bono singing at Edge and Edge looking everywhere but at Bono. :)

corianderstem said:

Oof ... I love drunk Bono as much as the next silly person, but that just made me uncomfortable.

Agree, I don't like it much, though some say it's cute and what not. But I believe his "state", whatever may have caused it, was a bit inappropriate for the acceptance of this particular award.

But Bono seems to be hammered a lot during award shows.

last unicorn said:

Agree, I don't like it much, though some say it's cute and what not. But I believe his "state", whatever may have caused it, was a bit inappropriate for the acceptance of this particular award.

But Bono seems to be hammered a lot during award shows.

Agreed, too. No surprise he spent quite some time speaking intelligently, he just has so much to say from his heart and mind. The smile from him and cheers from the audience, though, was showing some support for him. We all make mistakes in life. And his voice is:drool:

I think the Zoo Tv Era had some gems...

- There are several memorable moments in Bill Flanagan's book like the "adventure" to the Sellafield Nuclear reactor or when they're in the Limo and Larry keeps changing the channel on the TV without Bono or Edge knowing...

- The MTV interview with the band on the TV Screens with Kurt Loder:

Loder: Do you think they are getting anything from it
Larry: Yah, they're coming to a rock 'n roll gig and watching Television, what more do they want?

Bono: There are many levels to Zoo TV
Edge: And this is the lowest

- The band (completely drunk) accepting the Billboard Music Award for best tour from Phil Collins:

Adam: All our parents love your music Phil, even Paddy here (referring to the bartender) loves your music
Paddy: I'm not that old...

- The BBC interview they did which is included in the Achtung Baby video collection and as a bonus on the Sydney DVD:

Edge: The other day I was watching a show about Owl droppings
Bono: Hold on, hold on... OWL DROPPINGS?

Galeongirl said:
I thought the Bono lighting firecracker thing was hillarious too.... who EVER got the idea to let Bono play with fire???? :uhoh: but it wasn't so hillarious anymore when he nearly blew his own face off!
Bono playing with fire is bad enough, Bono playing with fire while blindfolded was just an accident waiting to happen :yikes:

Any time Bono claims to be a huge follower of whatever musician, artist , poet that is from whatever city he happens to be visiting at the time.:eyebrow:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Bono playing with fire is bad enough, Bono playing with fire while blindfolded was just an accident waiting to happen :yikes:
I was on my tippy-toes watching him in Hawaii :uhoh::yikes: Stupid security guard in mah way :grumpy: There was a girl screaming "BE CAREFUL!" over and over :lol:

Back
Top Bottom