funny Bono mention on Daily Show 10/2/06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bort269

War Child
Jon Stewart was asking Trent Lott if the Republicans deserved both houses with the current scandals.
He then added, "and I don't mean the Democrats should have it instead"
and Lott replies "yeah, isn't there a third group?"
and Jon Stewart exclaims: "Bono!"
and Lott laughs "well, he gets things done when he comes to town!"

...classic...

Kildare said:

Wow, didn't know that - cool. Got a link to that story?

Find a copy of his introduction(he was host that night) of U2's BD performance at the Grammy's in 2001.

Sometimes VHS/DVDr compilation chop out the introduction

u2fp.

I'm glad someone posted this. I had the Daily Show on last night, but I wasn't interested in hearing Trent Lott being interviewed so I was reading some thread on Interference and not really paying attention during his segment until I heard the word "Bono" and was wondering why his name got brought up.

I didn't hear Lott's reply either. The audience must have been laughing too much or something.

I wish Bono would appear on the Daily Show. He owes me since I actually sat through part of Bill O'Reiley's show just because of him. :wink:

bort269 said:
Jon Stewart was asking Trent Lott if the Republicans deserved both houses with the current scandals.
He then added, "and I don't mean the Democrats should have it instead"
and Lott replies "yeah, isn't there a third group?"
and Jon Stewart exclaims: "Bono!"
and Lott laughs "well, he gets things done when he comes to town!"

...classic...

:lol:

I just saw that on the repeat of the show.

I wish Bono would appear on the Daily Show. He owes me since I actually sat through part of Bill O'Reiley's show just because of him. :wink: [/B]

I had to sit through TWO O'Reiley episodes because ROCKONTV said Bono was on one day and it turned out to be the next day!

worst two days EVER!

U2FanPeter said:

Find a copy of his introduction(he was host that night) of U2's BD performance at the Grammy's in 2001.

Sometimes VHS/DVDr compilation chop out the introduction

u2fp.
WOW i didn't know that!
thanks!

I definitely think Jon's a fan - he's made a few obscure U2 references on the show before.

I was working and the TV was on in the background with some show called the Greg Behrandt (sp) show...he described his set as being like a rock concert, with a mosh pit and a U2 track around the edge of it!!

More late night random U2 mentions :up:

snowbunny00774 said:
I was working and the TV was on in the background with some show called the Greg Behrandt (sp) show...he described his set as being like a rock concert, with a mosh pit and a U2 track around the edge of it!!
I haven't watched his show, but a week or so ago, they were talking about him on Best Week Ever on VH1 (I'm pretty sure that's what I was watching anyway), and pretty much they were making fun of the way he overuses the term "dude" and acts like he's a rock star. This was interspersed with clips of him on his show, including one where he was saying something about his personality and said "because I think I'm in U2", while miming holding a guitar.

perrypickwick said:

I love John Stewart but I really don`t think he is a fan (perhaps he was) - watch this:

Daily Show - Bush and Bono:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xprcOEguwuI

:(

Hmm, I dunno... I still think he's a fan - but he definitely knows when Bono might seem a little ridiculous. That was the point of that particular segment, I think. That's actually one of the clips I was thinking of, with the somewhat obscure U2 references (the random "Lemon" falsetto and the Naomi Campbell mention).

ya, just because Jon pokes fun in a sarcastic way doesn't mean he is not a fan. I think to the contrary. It means he is a fan.
It isn't really that off base if you are looking at his (Bono's) effectiveness. Ya, it's a stretch but the fact that he mentioned him means to me he is aware of his accomplishments. Ya the sad truth is a rock star is more useful to the American political system than our elected officials!

Stewart made another Bono reference on the Daily show - it was later used by Diane Sawyer on the GMA 2005 interview.

Funny stuff, but The band didn't seem to laugh at all.

u2fp

Back
Top Bottom