Funniest thing I've Ever seen (re: Satanic Bono!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VertigoGal

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
www.goodfight.org

you must go to this site!! scroll down to "must see video clips" and click on U2. the video is about 8 minutes long, and is by this fundamentalist weirdo who thinks u2 are the spawn of satan. I gotta go so I can't go into detail, but I think you guys will love this!:evil: bono=antichrist!:evil:
:macdevil:

:lmao:

:lmao:

quality vid. The guy sure did his research with all the quotes etc, shame its all a bunch o' crap.

bono is evil!!
:bono: :mac: :macdevil:

Is this the same video that was posted here a few months ago, where the narrator sounds like he's from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure?

-Miggy

Ahh the internet, the place where all the crazies come out and play....err, wait...

Anyone notice that Kirk Cameron endorses this guy? Oh, Mike Seaver, what hath become of thee?

I found the responses to reader comments the most interesting thing about the site. I am a devoted Chistian who actually watches Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron on TV occasionally. However, I found the U2 expose to be slanderous and I let them know how I felt. For anyone who cares to read it, I sent the following email to them. I could have done a better job, but I was kind of rushed.

Hi, I am a supporter of Ray and Kirk's ministry and watch their TV show from time to time. I would be labeled a fundamentalist by mainstream standards, though I just call myself a Christian. I am 27 and my Christian faith is the most important thing in my life, as it has helped me through the loss of several family members, including my fiancee. It also gives me purpose in my daily life, and the mission trip I went on last year is one of my life's greatest experiences.
I agree with some of the content on your website, and to criticize parts of it does not mean I do not appreciate it as a whole. However, I do not think your portrayal of U2 in their expose is accurate, especially when the overall intent of their music is discussed. To say that U2 is "drawing as many people as possible into the coming kingdom of the Anti-Christ" is a very serious statement, and one that I cannot agree with. Will the Anti-Christ help lead people to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ? No, but U2 has. They are nothing more than you or I, not rock gods, and not super Christians. But I have been blessed by their sincere faith in Christ in the middle of the rock and roll scene. Many of today's contemporary Christian artists cite U2 as a major influence, and the album-for-charity "In the Name of Love" includes Christian artists such as Nichole Nordeman, Jars of Clay, and Chris Tomlin covering U2 songs. Have all of those artists been duped? Has Michael W. Smith renounced his faith in Christ? After all, he recently wrote a song with Bono. U2 have an informal pastor who tours with them, and asked a minister from Illinois to come to Dublin during the recording of their latest album and ask for God's blessing upon it. Bono recited a prayer to God (Psalm 116), not to the devil, every night during the Elevation tour. I can understand how Christians are offended by their language and actions sometimes, but their ministry is not discipleship. Often it consists of opening the eyes and ears of agnostics and atheists to spiritual matters. Other times it is a personal witness, like when Bono made the recent statement to a French journalist (a non-believer) where he explained the concept of the Atonement and expressed his faith in Christ in a real and authentic exchange. Or like the time he sent Liam Gallagher a copy of Philip Yancey's "What's so Amazing about Grace" after talking with him for a couple of hours about faith. Steve Stockman's "The Spiritual Journey of U2" paints a very different picture of U2 than your expose does. Personally, I have been drawn closer to Christ through U2's music than away from Him.
I will continue to read through the Fight the Good Fight Ministries website, but more importantly, I will continue to learn from Ray and Kirk in matters of personal witness. However, I would suggest that you rethink your U2 expose on the grounds that it is not a fair and honest portrayal of the group, their music, and their influence. They are fellow believers and I am sure they would be hurt deeply by the claims of your expose. At most rock concerts, preachers and evangelists are outside the venue trying to reach lost souls that are attending the show, but at U2 concerts, many preachers and evangelists are going inside right along with the non-believers. Have they compromised their faith? As 20,000 people sing the words to "Where the Streets Have No Name", "Miracle Drug", "One", "All Because of You", "40", and "Yahweh", I would say that they have not.

Love In Christ,
<2 Hearts>

Good post 2Hearts. Hopefully that might bring them to their senses, or concentrate on someone else.

That site somehow reminds of that corrupt Christian music site, that was posted a while ago. :|

Thanks guys. I didn't want to sound antagonistic, and I thought they'd respect my comments more if I showed some respect for what they do. I do understand their concerns about music, though. I used to listen to metal bands like Slayer, Pantera, and Morbid Angel. That didn't 'warp' my mind in the traditional sense of the word, but I can say that it affected me in an adverse way. I felt angry more often, more self-centered, less compassionate, and dwelled on violent thoughts a great deal. It did not help me to grow in any positive way as a human being.
Enter U2. They helped me to see that my idea of 'cool' was all screwed up. Their music inspired me, made me more open to different people, and made me proud of my faith. The time I spent listening to Slayer and those other bands quickly evaporated. U2 opened my heart up to Christian music that I would have never given a chance to before. That's why I was shocked and pissed at the U2 Expose at this website. If I get a response from them, I'll be sure to post it also.

I think they're reading way to much into things...actions can sometimes be misinterprited, and you can't always go by that. I mean U2 uses their fame, for the good of man kind. The band has done so much to help those who are less fortunate, can;t they see that? And Their songs are even played a churches, and even inspire others to have a faith, i know that after hearing U2, i was inspriered to make future for myself...if it wasn't for u2, (and i'm not saying this just becuase i'm a fan) I don't think i'd be in law school right now, i really made some great changes for my life, trying to get out of the whole i dug for myself, (which was extremly hard for me after my father had died ) but their songs can take your mind to a place where everything seems like it's at your figertips, like all goals are achiveable...and theres a reason we are all here on this earth...it's hard to watch anyone say things about U2 like that. I really acutally wish, (and who wouldn't) to tell Bono himslef, how he changed things for me, or anyone who feels the same. U2 is just one of those bands, that only comes around so often, and is like a becan of light. there will never be another band like them. I have the most respect for U2, and it hurts and angers me to see people assume things that they are not.

Wow. Talk about spouting off half-cocked. I'm all for a little critical distance when evaluating pop culture, but this guy needs some serious education!

Dear Pastor Nutty McCrazytalk: go find a nice Cambridge Companion to Art Studies and look up the following terms: irony, subtext, deconstruction, satire, and imagery. Have a nice cup of tea and learn a little about the band you are slandering.

This is fucking hilarious....

That voice...."for example the fly character...."

...and I coul'dn't stop laughing....:wink:

How ironic would it be if Bono actually turns out to be satan himself and you would be forced to listen to u2 records in hell instead of nsync in heaven...

Jesus saves EVERYONE...

That site is easily one of if not the best on the whole internet "Banoh":wink:

zwervers2 said:
How ironic would it be if Bono actually turns out to be satan himself and you would be forced to listen to u2 records in hell instead of nsync in heaven...

Jesus saves EVERYONE...

In that case, it's better to go to hell!!! :lmao:

BassTrap82 said:

In that case, it's better to go to hell!!! :lmao:

Can you imagine hearing nsync every second ...wow that would suck extremely...not that listening to u2 every second would be cool but the choice would be very easy lol

AND BACKSTREETBOYS RULE :wink:

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah sure, Bono represents "The Antichrist" ... :laugh:

That's why Bono and his wife chose names for their children
from the Bible ... ( Jordan, Eve, Elijah, John )

Somebody please ... tell that unbelievable website to wake up !!

Personally, I wouldn't let this dude make you angry. He's obviously a very fringe character and most likely will never change his mind. He probably also considers most Catholics and mainline Protestants to be "false" new-agey Christians who are on a satanic downward spiral anyway. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom