funking up desire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
my friend's band played tonight, and as usual, when i go and watch them, they bring me up to play guitar and sing "desire" by that band......oh.....what's their name again?

oh yeah! U2! w00t!

anywho, instead of playing the standard D, A, and E chords, i play a jazz E chord, with a blues scale solo at the end.

i was told tonight by some girl who claims to be U2's biggest fan(even though when i told her that Hawkmoon is my favorite song, she had no idea what song it was) that my version was the best version of "desire" that she's ever heard.

so musicians, have you ever completely changed a U2 song for, in your opinion, the better?

i hate people that claim to be a bands biggest fan

besides, we all know i am u2's biggest fan

mikal said:
i was told tonight by some girl who claims to be U2's biggest fan(even though when i told her that Hawkmoon is my favorite song, she had no idea what song it was) that my version was the best version of "desire" that she's ever heard.

She is not U2's "biggest fan" because she ought to prefer the U2 version over your version. Unless you mean big literally, as in 350 lbs...

As for changing a U2 song, look no further than U2 changing their own songs. The live version of UTEOTW is actually in a higher key than the studio version, SBS by Edge in Sarajevo was a good changed version, and the newly slow-tempo lower keyed Pride is a totally different song from what it was in the 80's. Meanwhile, U2 also change their songs a lot during the times Edge butchers the chords or Bono forgets then improvises on the lyrics.

Cheers,

J

:lmao: @ the over 350...:crack:

Sorry...

Yes, my versions of U2 songs, on the whole kick arse. Infact, I am so versatile, I can break windows with my voice and make the cats howl.

I also change lyrics on a whim!
:up:

Lets all sing about the weeble reb reb.
:shifty:

I've done a acoustic 12 bar blues version of "Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car" as well as a rolicking acoustic folk version of "Numb". They translate really well to acoustic guitar.

MrBrau1 said:
I've done a acoustic 12 bar blues version of "Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car" as well as a rolicking acoustic folk version of "Numb". They translate really well to acoustic guitar.

now that's interesting! my friend and i did a country western version of "ice ice baby" once.

good times, good times!

Hrmm yeah I do a mean cover of Bullet The Blue Sky on the spoons and I have been known to do a spoken word version of The Unforgettable Fire for my cats.

I can do a mean If God Will Send His Angels rap. And I can play J Swallow in morse code.

Just to join in on the fun, I do I Will Follow in HTML and Surrender with various swishing movements of an appropriately white flag.

Can't forget performing a metal version of Bass Trap on the violin with my friend accompanying me on the harmonica, either ...

Back
Top Bottom