Full Band All I Want Is You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
The topic about bringing back the full band 'Desire' next tour made reminded me of this, and I've been thinking this for a long time: They need to bring back the full band version of All I Want Is You, LoveTown style. The Bono/Edge acoustic version from Popmart and (occasionally)Elevation just don't have the same power.

I think i've heard that version before but i'm not sure. i'm going to download a few live versions of all i want... Do you have an especific concert date for this song? anybody?

Last edited:
Any show from the LoveTown tour that they played it in. They did it full band, with Larry and Adam, and it's similar to the studio version, more so than the acoustic live versions.

thanks MrBrau but i was talking about the lovetown era. I don't have any bootleg of that tour , so i'm going to download a complete concert. I've heard the december/january shows were the best.

I think the Lovetown versions are the best. Although I do like the Popmart version that was being done at the end of the 3rd leg and most of the 4th leg. I like how it builds from bare bones to full blown band version.

My favorite though is as mentioned Lovetown. There are a few versions (mainly the Australian and Japanese legs) where Bono does the slow down at the end where he does the All I Want Is and the crowd does the YOU. Difference they then launch back into the end of the song and Bono improvises. I believe its something along the lines of "Mama sweet love, bitter sweet love, Mama sing, mama sing a song" something like that. Very emotional and powerful. When he does the improvisation at the end during Lovetown are definately the best versions of it IMO.

The December/Jan Lovetown shows are the best as far as quality sound. But the Australian leg is when the band was absolutely on fire during this tour. Its to bad most of the recordings of that leg are mediocre.

Last edited:
FYI-Bono's voice on the transition from AIWIY to Streets Toronto 5/25/01 is the BEST he's ever sounded. Forget JT Tour, forget Lovetown. If you haven't heard this, make it important.

MrBrau1 said:
FYI-Bono's voice on the transition from AIWIY to Streets Toronto 5/25/01 is the BEST he's ever sounded. Forget JT Tour, forget Lovetown. If you haven't heard this, make it important.

I agree its a good version. But I prefer Lovetown. More raw, more emotional.

Oh, and I dont believe AIWIY was peformed on the JT tour. ;) I do agree, his vocals were pretty strong during Elevation. I think they were at their peak though during The Unforgettable Fire tour. He was overdoing it then and had not yet started to damage his vocal chords.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree, the one from Go Home is an awesome full band version, if you post your mail I can send it to you, along with streets so u can hear the transition. I also could send u the one from toronto if u want, but I like the one from slane better.

Blue Room said:

I agree its a good version. But I prefer Lovetown. More raw, more emotional.

Oh, and I dont believe AIWIY was peformed on the JT tour. ;) I do agree, his vocals were pretty strong during Elevation. I think they were at their peak though during The Unforgettable Fire tour. He was overdoing it then and had not yet started to damage his vocal chords.

you're wrong.:wink:

Any song performed on the Lovetown Tour is probably going to be the best version of that song in all honesty. That is when Bono's voice could actually belt out the songs.

Best version of the song - December 30th 1989. Just stunning. Love the little guitar part at the end!(I think that's Bono playing - his best guitar work to date! Simple, but effective)

Back
Top Bottom