Fuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh well. At least I will do something more productive tonight instead of watching TV all night.

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

Thanks Jezebel, I do take pride in my remarkably creative thread title
wink.gif

But you're right, so far it's excellent. Did any of you catch Yusuf Islam sing Peace Train for the first time in over 20 years? Fantastic, as was that minimalist version of America, which is a mind-blowingly good song to begin with.

I got cable recently, and I finally saw (and recorded) the Beautiful Day performance on TRL, so I guess that's some consolation.

i didn't make plans tonight because of the concert. someone's ass is getting kicked.

on a more sympathetic note, i hope everything is okay with the band. it's not like them to cancel something for charity.

also, does anyone else think david bowie just slaughtered a simon and garfunkel classic?

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She wore lemon, but never in the daylight...

This was a rumor circulating the GA floor last night before the show. Story was as Bono was signing autographs for people around 4:30 he told them he wouldn't be able to make the concert.

Originally posted by madonna's child:
does anyone else think david bowie just slaughtered a simon and garfunkel classic?

No, in fact I thought he did it justice.

I hope they're all ok, too. I mean, they were all on the prerecorded message so I guess that's something.

I like the title of this thread too, cause that was my exact sentiment when I found out.
mad.gif

I didn't make plans tonight either-this blows.
tongue.gif
So now my friends will be like, "Oops, no U2 last night? We had a blast." when I see them again.

Again, blargh.

------------------
Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!!

Bubble poppin' sugar droppin' rock and roll

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Bowie's awesome, but he did totally slaughter America. It was painful to watch.

------------------
Proud owner of Larry's Drumstick!

Still Elevated...

Back
Top Bottom