Forum Veterans! Sign in Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the real king of Interference is reclaiming his rightfull throne

go Bubba!!!!

smile.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Once upon a time there was a tavern, where we used to share a glass or two.
I remember how we'd wile away the hours,
And dream of all the great things we would do..........
**cass hands out tambourines**everybodysing

Those were the days my friend,We thought they'd never end,
We'd sing and dance for ever and day.
We'd live the life we choose,
We'd fight and never lose. Those were the days
OH YES!!!! those were the days"

At least that's what was happening on my monitor
biggrin.gif
Nostalgic enough for you melon? Are you old enough to remember Mary Hopkins?probably not, in which case...hmmmmm
How was the film festival?

Originally posted by U2LA:
U2LA, 8/2000 veteran checking in. Yeah, to me veterans are people that were here when the u2.com mp3 clips were figured out by Riversteed. You all remember that?? Those were the days. Yeah Im a nostalgic guy. Oh and hell yeah, if you know who Zoomerang96 is that indicates youve been here awhile, LOL!!!

Currenlty I dont have high speed internet access cuz I moved so I only checkin once a day or every other day. Not that much going on in U2dom I see...

I remember when Riversteed found those, there was one clip he couldn't find if I remember. Was it "When I Look at the World"?

------------------
If I had a head like yours I'd bleedin' bury it.

This is.. uh... we don't play this tune... gonna be f*cked up!

Yup it was When I Look at the World.. the whole song got posted on yahoo i think a short time after the clip of it. I remember not liking the clip much but liking the full song.

Can't wait till they're recording a new album and we get to go through the album title thing all over again.

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 08-30-2001).]

is anyone in may?

------------------
bonoman

Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Originally posted by SkeeK:
I've been here longer than a good chunk of those who frequent this place. We all here have the right to whine and wax poetic about the good ole days!

Eh, quit your bitchin'. I've been here only a month less than you (IF that) and you have 4 times as many posts as I do. Yada, yada, blah, blah.
biggrin.gif

Another oldie here - June 2000 to be precise! And I still love this place, tho I hardly ever have time nowadays to post much... I wish I could find that thread about the album title just to amuse myself with the rather overly intense arguments we had on the matter! It was great craic though!! And I still pride myself on bein the first one to stand up for "All That You Cant Leave Behind" (It came to me in a dream, seriously! ;-)) Anyhow, been to slane, then Glaggow and now I'm heading to slane again on Saturday, and maybe, just maybe, I'll get round to posting a report on all three! (don't hold your breath folks! Remember the Zooropa critique.......!)
BYE!
BRIAN

Definitely a veteran here. I remember the clips, the album title wars, the original rougerum, and even that moderator that used to post a lot...Achtung Bubba. (I miss him!)

MrBTH! Talk about long time no see!!! I'm still waiting for the next installment of the Zooropa interpretation. That was good stuff.
smile.gif

-sula

remember those days when you posted a thread it was on page 2 within 10 minutes??? So many discussions and speculations about the upcoming album. The tension was incredible.

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Just moving it forward to see if we can squeeze in a few more!

I just find myself curious, and I've been pleased so far. In fact, I've seen a few names in here I haven't seen in months! Those are the types I love to see check in.
wink.gif

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

still alive, though im in the process of recovering from slane and a few other summer adventures

Back in, my computer was packed up over the summer while I moved! Sure missed this place, though I see it's much quieter (but no gentler
wink.gif
). Love to keep that U2 fire burnin'!

Originally posted by doctorwho:
Eh, quit your bitchin'. I've been here only a month less than you (IF that) and you have 4 times as many posts as I do. Yada, yada, blah, blah.
biggrin.gif

Damn. I was hoping for some poetic waxing. Oh well.

ah, I've been so busy lately *waves to all*

I'm just getting home after road trippin' to New Orleans, and just had to check in.

I remember the mp3 clips like it was yesterday... such crystal clear, wonderful memories. I guess that means I'm not one of those dreadful newbies
cool.gif

j/k
wink.gif

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

You could say I've been on hiatus for a while. Not too many posts, but I did register in 2000. Hurray for me!!!

------------------
You're gonna meet her there
She's your destination
You gotta get to her
She's imagination

Email/MSN: LemonLovr@hotmail.com
AOL: LemonLovrU2

Don't post much but I'm technically a veteran, I don't think I was registered but I was around when the clips and album titles were floating around.

Back
Top Bottom