Forum Change!! ** Everyone please read **

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Forum Change!!

We have offcially gone from Where The Album Has A Name to Where The Album Has No Name meaning take all your Bomb talk to EYKIW, this is the place for New Album talk.

:drool:

So on that note, predict when the new album will be released and if it will be the same mold of the last two albums or different.

My Prediction...

October 2007 release...and they'll finish the ATYCLB/HTDAAB trilogy...

I seriously think U2 will change there sound on this next album,

Boy/ October- similar sound
War/ UF/ WAIA- similar sound
JT/RH- similar sound
AB/Zooropa- similar sound
Pop- its own sound
ATYCLB/HTDAAB- similar sound, but I see HTDAAB a huge step in progress from ATYCLB

I predict that they will in fact step away and look for something exciting and experimental, and make a unique record, maybe not like RH to AB, but a very similar direction.
I m thinking early 2007 release

I'd just like to say a few things.

Existing threads in this forum about HTDAAB will NOT be moved to EYKIW.

Any new threads about HTDAAB are to now be posted in EYKIW.

Any new threads about the future new album, speculation, rumors, thoughts discussions, etc are to go in this forum.

Thank you!

oh wow, a mod added "Everybody Please Read" to the title of one of my threads, plus made it an IMPORTANT.

this could be the greatest accomplishment of my life.

One of MY suggestions was actually taken seriously and implemented!

Here's a nerd emoticon!

nerd.gif

namkcuR I realize you are excited, but you know we do change the forum back and forth every time a new album comes out.

Perhaps we just lagged a little bit this time. But thank you for bringing it to our attention :wink:

:hmm:
I'm gonna go with November as the month for release and I haven't decided on 2006 or 2007 yet. I think it's entirely possible that they've already got the next album worked out (I've mentioned my conspiracy theory about this before). I think it depends on how the rest of the tour goes.

what an exciting change....im banking on another album in early-mid 2006...please let it happen god...please!!!!!!!!!!

2006, possibly tour in 2007?

Hmm if I get that sales bonus, I'll renew my U2.com membership for 2 years!

*crosses fingers for Hasta la Vista type thing in the meantime*

Chizip said:
oh wow, a mod added "Everybody Please Read" to the title of one of my threads, plus made it an IMPORTANT.

this could be the greatest accomplishment of my life.

:lol:

You forgot 2005

U2DMfan said:
odds in Vegas:

50-1 June 6th, 2006
40-1 June 19th, 2007
20-1 November 13th, 2007
10-1 March 11th, 2008
30-1 October 14th, 2008

:wink:

November 22, 2005 is the release date for a new album. Tour will be extended through 2006, with the 4th leg being South America, Asia, and Australia...supporting HTDAAB and new album.

1st leg or 5th leg in Europe through next summer, 2nd leg or 6th leg next Fall in N.A.

In between, Vertigo DVD from Milan to be released, as well as other existing concert videos in VHS only right now.

Finally, in November of 2006, Best of Live 2 disc+ will be released, and U2 will be done, going out on top of their game.

Re: You forgot 2005

beLIEve said:

November 22, 2005 is the release date for a new album. Tour will be extended through 2006, with the 4th leg being South America, Asia, and Australia...supporting HTDAAB and new album.

1st leg or 5th leg in Europe through next summer, 2nd leg or 6th leg next Fall in N.A.

In between, Vertigo DVD from Milan to be released, as well as other existing concert videos in VHS only right now.

Finally, in November of 2006, Best of Live 2 disc+ will be released, and U2 will be done, going out on top of their game.

:eyebrow: U2 quitting next year? :no: and an album in 2005, I seriously doubt that. 2006 however...I predict an album in 2006 with a somewhat similar sound to HTDAAB but a step ahead, maybe more hard rock? Or more along the lines of Mercy...then a totally new direction in 08-09. U2's got at least two albums left in 'em, I'm sure of it.

I'm betting on a brand new SINGLE early in the new year to keep tour and chart momentum as they head to Asia (please!).

Not a HTDAAB song - a standalone song a-la A Celebration, HMTMKMKM, Sweetest Thing.

Then a new acoustic/folksy influenced album to follow in October 2007.

Hey they haven't been doing any appearances lately have they. Not to my knowledge anyway. Do you think they are spending this month working on new material???

macphisto23 said:
I seriously think U2 will change there sound on this next album,

Boy/ October- similar sound
War/ UF/ WAIA- similar sound
JT/RH- similar sound
AB/Zooropa- similar sound
Pop- its own sound
ATYCLB/HTDAAB- similar sound, but I see HTDAAB a huge step in progress from ATYCLB

I predict that they will in fact step away and look for something exciting and experimental, and make a unique record, maybe not like RH to AB, but a very similar direction.
I m thinking early 2007 release
I've always thought of the albums in trilogies, where the sound throughout is not necessarily similar but is a logical progression and each new trilogy marks a departure or new sound...

Boy/October/War
TUF/JT/R&H
AB/Zooropa/Pop
ATYCLB/HTDAAB/?

So with that logic, the next album will finish out the fourth trilogy as Chizip suggested.

However, in my heart of hearts, I hope that doesn't happen because I've already grown tired of the current "back to basics/recapture the classic U2 sound" incarnation of the band. I'm game for more experimentation.

Back
Top Bottom