For what reasons do you think the [full featured] Milan DVD was cancelled for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I had read somewhere that the band wasn't happy with a lot of footage. And the 10 tracks from Milan, are probably what the band feels are best represented... I'd love to have the full Milan show, but I guess they're done doing the 2 home DVD releases, and focusing on the iMax shoot instead.

Or maybe they found out about all the negative criticism from the Chicago DVD, and that they'd want to release something more professional...

Either way, Milan was gonna be great...

Last I heard, it hadn't been confirmed that Milan had been cancelled, had it?

I think you'll find now that the 3D concert is coming out they saw no reason for the Milan DVD getting released, hence putting in selected tracks on the new cd/dvd release.

Axver said:
Last I heard, it hadn't been confirmed that Milan had been cancelled, had it?

Nope, I think we're getting a partial release yes?

Even so, I'm sure full thing will come out some point down the track...

Peterrrrr said:

That type of filming is just done on that song, it is mean to show the wildness of Vertigo2, the other songs isnt filmned that way.

Exactly

Europop2005 take a look at COBL for example , though I'm not the biggest fan of hamilton , the editing is decent

craigp said:
the reason for why the full version of milan is cancelled is that the band have realised how bad a director hamish hamilton is!

He directed Milan? Ugghh...I loved his work on Slane, thought Vertigo Chicago was good, but absoutely hated Elevation Boston (although many things conspired to make that a crap production, not just Hamish). It'll be very refreshing to see the new director's work on the upcoming 3D project. :yes:

In regards to this thread: They're probably not including all concert tracks bc of technical and performance mishaps. Or maybe they didn't want this to be a full-out concert DVD, and felt it would better compliment the CD by showing only the best live songs. I really hope they include OOTS.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

then they can release that next winter, because as we all know, u2 are a bunch of fucking sell outs.

So true, man. :wink: I don't care If you're being sarcastic or not, but I get tired of ppl saying this just bc they think U2 make one "wrong" move. I gues It's not cool to be a good buisiness-man *and* artist these days. :huh: :shrug:

2morrow said:

:

In regards to this thread: They're probably not including all concert tracks bc of technical and performance mishaps. Or maybe they didn't want this to be a full-out concert DVD, and felt it would better compliment the CD by showing only the best live songs. I really hope they include OOTS.

It's included mate

Vert
Follow
Elvtn
Looking for
AIWIY
COBL
Sometimes
Sarajevo
Oots
wowy

I really don't know why they wouldn't want to put the whole show out there other than there were certain elements of songs which they didn't like.

AndrewCowley said:

I love that song! Was the first song I ever saw them perform live!

Me...too , Amsterdam `89 , Bono`s voice was broken but boy did I enjoyed the (almost complete) show:drool:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Perhaps it never was their intention to release the full Milan show on dvd. I got confirmation from Hamish Hamilton back on Feberuary 20th at the Sao Paulo show that the Milan dvd was coming out at the end of the year.

Hamish did not explain anything more than that, but in reality, as he said, it is coming out at the end of the year. He never told me that it would be the full concert. I only assumed it would be, so he could have known as far back as then that it would be used in the way that it is with U218 Singles.

They're going to have to be careful not to flood the market with too much product that isn't fresh. At least U218 has two new songs on it. But to do the book, the singles album, the Milan DVD and then the 3D Imax movie on top of it -- all based on a 2004 album -- is asking a lot in 2007. I think that's why Milan was/is being sacrificed although I would have loved to have seen it given how wild that concert was supposed to have been.

silvrlvr said:
They're going to have to be careful not to flood the market with too much product that isn't fresh. At least U218 has two new songs on it. But to do the book, the singles album, the Milan DVD and then the 3D Imax movie on top of it -- all based on a 2004 album -- is asking a lot in 2007. I think that's why Milan was/is being sacrificed although I would have loved to have seen it given how wild that concert was supposed to have been.

What do U2 by u2 , and U2 18 have to do with The 2004 Album ??? :huh: Ok , So they dedicate few pages to Bomb , and there are 2 bomb songs on the Collection ......

But Really , only the Milan Show and Imax are based on Bomb

I think with the ZOO TV DVD, The Book, The Singles, and a possible iMAX Movie by the end of the year..., suddenly another DVD might be milking it...

theu2fly said:
I think with the ZOO TV DVD, The Book, The Singles, and a possible iMAX Movie by the end of the year..., suddenly another DVD might be milking it...

Might be milking it?

It'll be a delightful Christmas in the U2 camp this year.

Back
Top Bottom