For those that have listened to The Salome Outtakes a question for you all - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2004, 11:29 AM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 01:48 PM
For those that have listened to The Salome Outtakes a question for you all

Out of the stuff on there that was experimented but never released does anything stick out as 1 they should have worked with ?

for me its always gonna be She's Gonna Blow Your House Down.....the guitar bit reminded me a little of Exit

Salome was ok as a b-side but it just doesnt have as much energy!

Old 12-19-2004, 11:34 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:48 AM
I agree, its the one outtake (along with the other versions of it with Wake Up Dead Man as the chorus) that I thought would turn up eventually. Who knows, it may still happen. U2 saves alot of stuff for future album projects. Thats why we get so few B sides even though they complete roughly 25 songs for each album. Then again, maybe U2 themselves didnt like it much. I doubdt that though as they were obviously working on several takes of it during the sessions.

Old 12-20-2004, 04:43 PM   #3
The Fly

The alternate (or maybe original?) version of "Acrobat" is a little weird. Does Bono say "Don't let the Jews get you down" at one point? That's one I'm glad they went with the version on Achtung Baby. For me anyway, the thing I dislike about those Outtakes is that I have trouble trying to figure out what words Bono's even saying. And on some the sound quality is less than good. I've never heard She's Gonna Blow Your House Down. I've only downloaded about five or six of the tracks off of that. I wish I had the real CD or cassette or whatever medium it's on.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:20 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by UVMan
The alternate (or maybe original?) version of "Acrobat" is a little weird. Does Bono say "Don't let the Jews get you down" at one point?

I haven't laughed like this in a long time. Thanks UVMan, that was good.

Uh, no he does not say that to the best of my hearing ability. He mumbles through most of the chorus part I must say on the outtakes.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:51 PM   #5
War Child

Where Did It All Go Wrong has some amazing guitar on it... as good as Take You Down and better than She's gonna Blow
Old 12-21-2004, 12:07 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by stagman
Where Did It All Go Wrong has some amazing guitar on it... as good as Take You Down and better than She's gonna Blow
I love WDIAGW! I thik it could have been on AB or Zooropa. They should have made a record with those songs like WDIAGW, HMTMKMKM, Heaven And Hell, Salome.... that would have been a great record in my opinion.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:51 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:48 PM
Take Today.

Although it was used for North and South of the River, it could have been so much more. It was grand, and that instrumental on the Salome outtakes could have been developed into a U2 classic
Old 12-21-2004, 11:06 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:48 AM
Take You Down always stuck out (though, of course, we got Lady With The Spinning Head as the result). But other than that, I guess She's Gonna Blow Your House Down would be the king of this topic. And everything else that was pretty good (I Feel Free, Acrobat, etc.) did get on the album with some work.

Although, there's some tracks that gets my attention, now that I think about it. Some of the 'dreamier' stuff could've been interesting, though they're names are passing me by right now...
Old 12-22-2004, 01:06 AM   #9
Refugee

Local Time: 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by UVMan
The alternate (or maybe original?) version of "Acrobat" is a little weird. Does Bono say "Don't let the Jews get you down" at one point?.
Honestly that is funny i've been reluctant to ever mention this but for the last 13 years i have thought he sings this, well i havent thought it because he obviously wouldnt sing this, but it's all i can hear...... any ideas on what else it is, or is it just bongolese????

Fantastic version btw!!!!
Old 12-22-2004, 05:37 AM   #10
Refugee

Local Time: 12:18 AM
Take Today could have been the best U2 song ever. Already, that outtake is in my top 10 U2 songs of all time, and its a demo. This song could have been soooo much more, it's such a shame. Same goes with Heaven and Hell.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:40 AM   #11
Refugee

Local Time: 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AussieU2fanman
Take Today could have been the best U2 song ever. Already, that outtake is in my top 10 U2 songs of all time, and its a demo. This song could have been soooo much more, it's such a shame. Same goes with Heaven and Hell.
heaven and hell is in my top 5 and has been for a long time, the demo of acrobat floors me everytime, have you ever listened to this really LOUD!!!!! Wow!!! some people may think that it is pretentious to have a demo in your top 5 but i really really love this song very deeply.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:22 AM   #12
The Fly

Local Time: 06:48 AM
yeah, heaven and hell is great...
love that song!
Old 12-22-2004, 10:47 AM   #13
Refugee

Location: calm down, cold resides with me. I flee to decemberunderground... as you exhale I breathe in, and sink into the water underground and I'll grow pale without you
Local Time: 08:48 AM
To this day I'm hung up on "Back Mask"
Old 12-22-2004, 10:57 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by wolfeden
To this day I'm hung up on "Back Mask"
Yes, that song is amazing!!!
Old 12-22-2004, 12:57 PM   #15
The Fly

HEaven and Hell!!

Everytime they come out with a new album I hope that some surviving piece of this song will have been turned into a finished project.