for those that can burn CDs...listen up - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2001, 02:29 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:43 PM
for those that can burn CDs...listen up

Boy oh boy oh boy...
This is so big i'm not even sure it will work (because the problem is i don't have anything to exchange-i suppose i could send you a tape of a 93' bootleg i have-if you like-or i'm willing to pay for it), but anyway...

I would really appreciate it if someone could burn a CD for me. What would be on it:

- the B-sides from Best of. (except The three sunrises, Love comes tumbling and Sweetest thing 98' version and no songs that can be found on regular U2 albums)
- the 90's B-sides. (except Always and Summer rain-no remixes and no live songs.)
- Night and day.
- songs from Zoocoustic bootleg (optional-not necessary if you don't have it)
- the acoustic&piano version of Who's gonna ride your wild horses that was featured in the video
- Dreaming with tears in my eyes and She's a mystery to me U2 version (again, this is optional)

If you have all this, can burn CDs, and are willing to help out another U2 fan, post here or write your email address.

------------------
"That's why i still love playing live in a rock'n'roll band. There's just this feeling of this thing could just about do anything..." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things no one else can do. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 10-21-2001).]

Old 10-21-2001, 11:54 PM   #2
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:43 PM
wow there are nice people here i dont have a cd burner and im looking for some boots like even some elevation live songs or outtakes any one wants to help me plese send me mail at.thanks alot in advance.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

Dont believe the devil i dont believe his book.

[This message has been edited by shaun vox (edited 10-23-2001).]

Old 10-22-2001, 12:24 AM   #3
Acrobat

For those looking...I believe the video version of WGRYWH is officially called "the temple bar remix"

Also, I have everything listed there, and it will take at least 2 discs, probably 3, but I'm willing to make them.

drop me an email,
parsonator529@hotmail.com

-Mike

------------------
My U2 Bootleg Archive
Old 10-22-2001, 03:40 AM   #4
Acrobat

Demanding and well chosen! I have most of your requests but I fear you´ll need quite a bunch of CDs for this. And I don´t have Zoocoustic and I don´t know what you mean with the video version of WGRYWH (I have the single edit of it though).

------------------
beLIEve
Old 10-22-2001, 03:51 AM   #5
Kid A

Local Time: 08:43 AM
email me at mercury_acid@hotmail.com

I have a lot of stuff i can send you, and don't worry about paying me or anything
Old 10-22-2001, 07:54 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

About Who's gonna ride your wild horses: i meant the version of the song, not the video! I believe it's called Temple bar version and it features acoustics and piano-i only heard bits of it so far.

As for Zoocoustic: i think there are also non-U2 (or, i should say non-Achtung Baby) songs on it. I would only require the songs from Achtung Baby. (I see that only includes So cruel and Who's gonna ride...-in that case, i only need So cruel from there)

ps: I forgot to mention i don't have any blank CDs to contribute...now what?

pps: And i don't need any B-sides from Pop except North and south of the river. And on a general note - no covers, just U2 B-sides.
And in case it wasn't clear earlier-i have the 98' version of Sweetest thing, but i'd also like the original 87' version-for comparison. As for She's a mystery to me-i am referring to a full version by U2, not just a bit (such as the BBC version this year).
------------------
"That's why i still love playing live in a rock'n'roll band. There's just this feeling of this thing could just about do anything..." - Edge

"U2 as a band does things no one else can do. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 10-22-2001).]
Old 10-22-2001, 10:01 AM   #7
Acrobat

OK, let me see what I have for you:

- Most of the 90s singles (Don´t have mofo)

- Dreaming with tears in my eyes

- full live version of Mystery girl

- The B-sides

- WGRYWH temple bar edit (not the mix!)

- Night and day (twilight and steel string mix)

------------------
beLIEve
Old 10-22-2001, 11:17 AM   #8
Refugee

Local Time: 10:43 AM
U2 girl, about So Cruel from the Zoocoustic bootleg, don´t worry that much if you don´t get that one...I bought the CD basically because of So Cruel live, but everytime I listen to the track I feel I could strangle that girl you can hear talking all the time, aaarrrgggghhhh, what an annoying thing...I wonder if she was aware of the magnificence of that single moment...So Cruel, one of the marvellous pearls from AB (and one of my all time faves), so underrated, played live, a rarity...and everything that she and her friends could think of was some silly talking...frustrating.
Okay, I'll calm down now.
It seems that you already have some nice offers...I hope you get your new CDs girl.

------------------
Seu país é lindo. Seu povo é lindo. Suas vozes são lindas. Não esqueceremos vocês. - Bono - São Paulo - 01/31/1998

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 10-22-2001).]
Old 10-22-2001, 01:43 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Thanks to everyone for their help and advice. I emailed MikeP and we'll try to work something out.

------------------

Old 10-22-2001, 01:49 PM   #10
Refugee

Local Time: 10:43 AM
btw, I don't know if there is another performance of So Cruel live, but if any of you have a mp3 file, would you mind sending it to me? I would be thankful forever!
grace@u2cover.com

------------------
Seu país é lindo. Seu povo é lindo. Suas vozes são lindas. Não esqueceremos vocês. - Bono - São Paulo - 01/31/1998