For the 3rd leg opener, I dont think U2 would play Elevation first.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was at the show, and I don't think BD was as good an opener as Elevation. That being said, Elevation was a GREAT encore opener. That really got the place rocking again. As soon as the influx remix hit, the place went nuts and starting singing the WOOO's VERY LOUD before band showed up. I saw on another thread, and have to agree, that they should have kept the momemtum going after elevation and done something like I will follow. Mysterious ways was good, but almost a let down after pace of Elevation. Regardless, they rocked.

Are you one of the boys?
wink.gif

I still think Elevation worked better as an opener. Maybe they should switch Elevation and BD in the lineup. I just totally remember the crowd being completely energized by those those initial "woo hoo"s, and BD, while a nice change of pace, didn't seem to have the same effect. Just my opinion, but I'd like to see them go back to Elevation when they come to Chicago.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Beautiful Day's opening chords just don't have the same energy as Elevation does... the energy in BD doesn't really start till the first chorus. I do agree that Elevation worked great as an encore opener, but it worked great as an opener too... the song I really missed was The Fly. Maybe they can open with the Fly, or have the fly as the encore opener...

------------------
But that's my opinion, I could be wrong.
-Dennis Miller

Dressing like your sister, living like a tart. They don't know what you're doing, babe it must be art. You're a headache... in a suitcase... You're a star.

I like U2 changing things, regardless how small the change. I have great respect for them changing Elevation to another part of the show. I think the way they did the concert yetserday displayed a great amount of sensitivity and that the show this Leg carries more of a message than the show did the first leg. The first leg was about Elevation, Soul, Joy and Exhuberance. I don't think that is the same message now.

Originally posted by dougal55:
I dont want to gloat too much but did Elevation open for the show? NOPE! B. Day opened instead....... I predicted right here that U2 wouldnt open with Elevation and all of you guys, Johnny Swallow, Salome, Whitty, Henne and so on thought Elevation would stay as the opener.
so, you've turned 16 today

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Back
Top Bottom