For a new fan, which album first?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericb

The Fly
My father is starting to get into U2's music, and he's been borrowing my cds. The first cds he took to borrow were Zooropa and Pop, and I told him to put those back, and gave him Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby to start with. I didn't think as a new fan he'd be ready to handle Zooropa yet, and Pop I wasn't sure about either. Do you agree with the 2 I started him out with? What cds have you started a new fan out with?

The first album I bought was UF and I didn?t like it until I became really addicted! Songs like EP and America are just not that easy for a "beginner"
If your father is into electronica at least a little bit, you just can start out with both Ab and JT, otherwise just give him JT. It?ll work fine
smile.gif

Yup, good two choices. I'd say give him War and UF afterwards.

------------------
Change is the only constant

And afterwards R&H and War.

And never mention Passengers
tongue.gif

------------------
beLIEve

Agree w/ JT & AB..... the "Best Of..." might be good too!

------------------
' I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name. . .'
.:. U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

Love is...cold steel/Fingers too numb to feel/Squeeze the handle/Blow out the candle
Love is blindness.../A little death/Without mourning/No call/And no warning...

[Thanks M.P.]

Yep....I agree too! JT & AB good choices!
Although, for me my 1st "cassette" was Under A Blood Red Sky" (in 1987)that got me started, and then saw them live, then bought Joshua Tree which made me into the U2 fan I am today!

A classmate of my at uni bought the Best Of...I thought that was a good first to get. Just make sure you get the 2 disc set!

Back
Top Bottom