For A Limited Time: Download ZooTV Sydney and Popmart Mexico City in .mp4 Format...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
So, a few years ago, I put my ZooTV and Popmart VHS tapes onto DVD using a VCR, a TV Tuner card, a DVD burner, and DVD burning software.

Well, recently I decided to rip those DVDs back to my computer, track-by-track, and convert them to .mp4 - the apple video format that plays in Quicktime AND on your video IPod.

Now, seeing as how you don't have to have an IPod to watch these files - you can use Quicktime or ITunes - and seeing as how if you do have an IPod you can hook it to a TV and watch, I thought I'd make these files available via my FTP server for a limited time, since I often times see people on Interference who haven't yet seen these things or want a way to view them other than a VHS tape.

It's ZooTV Sydney and Popmart Mexico City in their entirety, divided track-by-track.

Here is the info you'll need to connect - keep in mind that you can use a browser to do this(Firefox works better than IE, I think), but an FTP client will be faster and more efficient(Filezilla is the best):

REMOVED

As a sidenote, some of the video might seem a bit bright - this is because the color settings on my TV Tuner card when I captured these things three years ago were set a little too bright. It's not a big deal most of the time, though.

The average filesize for each song is 35-40MB, or thereabouts. Some will be bigger, some will be smaller. The point is, it might take you a while to download. If you're on dial-up, you really shouldn't bother.

Finally, when I say 'limited time', I don't have a specific timeline in my mind. I'm just saying these won't be available forever. I'll let you know when I make them unavailable.

Mods, if this isn't allowed, say so.

Good luck, and enjoy :)

:love: for those of us with video iPods this is a gift from heaven!

thank you :bow:

can you keep it up over the weekend? that's when I'll get a chance to download.

For some reason they won't save, but regardless, thank you anyway.

:love:

They didn't work when I just tried to download them regularly, but I downloaded FileZilla and they're downloading marvelously (albeit pretty slow at about 5 KB/s).

Anyway, thank you. This is absolutely tremendous. :D

xaviMF22 said:
everytime I try to connect I get disconnected:sad:

Because I set my server to allow only ten connections at once. There are ten connections right now. You just gotta wait.

I'm sorry but it has to be that way. I can't have fifty people connecting at once.

namkcuR said:

Because I set my server to allow only ten connections at once. There are ten connections right now. You just gotta wait.

I'm sorry but it has to be that way. I can't have fifty people connecting at once.

its ok i'll wait:wave:

what the hell? it lets me in but then when i go to get one it says too many users. yeah i know theres too many because im one of them. whats the point of getting in if i cant download anything.

:bow: Wow you're the best ever!! My ipod is going to be so happy with all the u2 vids, thaaank youuu :heart:

This will probly take me all weekend to download, but it sure is worth it :)

OMG! finally! I've always felt deprived for not seeing these 2 concerts. And every time I went to purchase some on Amazon or somewhere, I either couldn't find any, or they were like 50$ :sad: but thanks a pantload!

:bow: you=WINNAR!

And also, i'm putting in the right name and password but its saying i cant log on without "the user name and password specified" but I put in all the right information. Am i doing something wrong?

zoopop
macphisto

thats right, isnt it? is anyone else getting that. or does that just mean its too crowded :)

I guess I'm one of the lucky few who are able to download at the moment.

When I'm finished downloading them (note: it'll probably be a WHILE, these things download pretty freakin' slow), I'll definitely put up a YSI for those who can't download yet because of the downloading limit. :)

And thanks again, namkcuR. Quality stuff.

XHendrix24 said:
I guess I'm one of the lucky few who are able to download at the moment.

When I'm finished downloading them (note: it'll probably be a WHILE, these things download pretty freakin' slow), I'll definitely put up a YSI for those who can't download yet because of the downloading limit. :)

And thanks again, namkcuR. Quality stuff.

No problem.

Btw, you're nice to offer to put up a YSI, but you understand that the total filesize of the ZooTV Sydney you're downloading is 768MB, and that the total filesize of the Popmart Mexico City you're downloading is 817MB, right? If you do a YSI, it could take a WHILE :wink:

Anyway, I wish you guys' downloads could be faster, but there's no such thing as infinite bandwidth. If I have a total of 100KB/second to upload with, if there's one person, they'll download at 100KB/second, two people, 50KB/second, four people, 25KB/sec, 10 people(what there are now), 10KB/second. And those are max numbers, which is why some of you are downloading at 6-8KB/sec. Think of it like money. If I have $100, that's nice. But if I'm splitting it between ten people, each person only gets $10. Just so you understand why it's so slow.

Someone's got to rip ZooTV and Popmart to two separate video files and use BitTorrent to distribute.

I hate torrents. Every torrent of anything I've ever tried to download via torrent says '8 days left' or something like that. I just don't like them.

If someone else wants to do it, fine, but I'm not.

There's only five connections to the server right now, so more people can connect if they want.

Just put all of the files for one of the tapes in your que and let it go for 12-24 hours. Be patient.

Bah, now it says there are too many users on and I can't connect. Boo!

Well, if anyone ever gets the full things, it'd be great if you could put them up on YSI or a torrent or something of the like. I will if I can ever get the full things downloaded. :wink:

so far I managed to download

zoo station
mofo
if you wear that velvet dress
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
please

so if anyone wants them i'll upload them:wink:

Last edited:
catlhere said:
OMG! finally! I've always felt deprived for not seeing these 2 concerts. And every time I went to purchase some on Amazon or somewhere, I either couldn't find any, or they were like 50$ :sad: but thanks a pantload!

:bow: you=WINNAR!

eBay! Sydney for $15, Popmart for $25. I'm willing to spend a little bit more for out-of-print. :wink:

It violates our rules/policy to share/trade commerically released material. Please read the FAQ.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom