First week of July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FullonEdge

The Fly
I recall a quote from Edge that the album will be completed at the latest the first week of July. I assume that means it will be mixed and it will be on to filming the videos. Now, since this week extends into July, does that mean this is the great week? Also, don't you think finishing the album makes some sort of official announcement imminent? I know some are speculating late july/early August but if its finished, why not?

well, I just saw the news item about the single and album, but I don't think this qualifies as an official confirmation. I mean, whose "spies" could have figured all of that out without Mcguinness making a statement. But maybe this does mean the official press release is going to be soon. very soon. :yes:

*reads the same news item*

Quality control?!?

I feared that was the thing that delayed the album, but if that is true, how come we've been hearing "it's going great" all the time?

U2girl said:
*reads the same news item*

Quality control?!?

I feared that was the thing that delayed the album, but if that is true, how come we've been hearing "it's going great" all the time?

That's what I'm saying!:huh: How can they be sure about that? Clearly there is more to the story than these "spies" have told us, if they even know anything at all.

Also, can anyone confirm how genuine a report from some Boston music importer can be?

It makes you wonder though...the longest wait ever, so many names involved...

Because Bono is full of shit, or a liar if you prefer. NEVER believe a word that comes out of his mouth concerning U2's music. Always defer to Edge.

"4 men chopping down Joshua tree"

"sound of 4 men playing in a room"

Pretty good descriptions if you ask me. Besides Edge also never said anything about any problems (be it Bono's Africa work related or a repeat of AB's internal band struggles).

Bono is the Turd who said they wanted to "Strike While the Iron was Hot" and release a record right off the end of the Elevation tour. That was 3 years ago. FULL OF SHIT. Great artist, but FULL OF SHIT.

MrBrau1 said:
Because Bono is full of shit, or a liar if you prefer. NEVER believe a word that comes out of his mouth concerning U2's music. Always defer to Edge.

But that's another thing. The only comments to come out of the mouth on Edge's face have been positive regarding the new album. He seems genuinely happy about the new stuff.

Now maybe after initially making some great music, Chris Thomas had some crazy ideas for filler songs that really didn't tick with U2 i.e. the string arrangements. Maybe they just had to rework those songs to a different vibe, something that Lillywhite is very good at.

MrBrau1 said:
they wanted to

It was just a plan - and like all and any plans it changed. And I'm not that sure Thomas's stuff was all that brilliant considering they went back with Lillywhite.

Back
Top Bottom