First U2 Item Bought? Ticket? Cassettes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought an Achtung Baby CD. My first U2 CD was The Joshua Tree, but my parents had bought it for me...prompting me to pick up AB.

The first U2 item I bought was a ticket to see them at the Edinburgh Playhouse in Feb 1983 (Row C in the stalls). £3.50 I think.

The 2nd item was the picture disc of War that I bought on the day of the concert which was the day War was released (still got it only played once to copy it to cassette).

Bought both Achtung and ATYCLB at Fry's Electronics in San Jose, Ca on one fateful afternoon in December of 2002...

Either the tickets to Los Angeles Sports Arena Show in 83, or my US Festival Tickets in 1983. I saw them at the US Fest first, but not sure which was bought first...

"Boy" 1980/81
I used to sometimes buy an album based on a hunch. I actually thought the name of the band was "Boy" and the album title "U2"
Loved the album instantly. Been a fan ever since.

:yes: For me; it was 'October" On Vynil! Also, bought a "Boy" T-shirt!! Hey ChirsEdge...I Was There at LA sports Arena in '83!! My first time seeing them Live!! And what a show, too!:wink: :drool:

Harry Vest said:
"Boy" 1980/81
I used to sometimes buy an album based on a hunch. I actually thought the name of the band was "Boy" and the album title "U2"

Haha same here! Bought it without knowing a thing about them, and thought the name of the band was "U2 Boy". Still call them that sometimes after all these years.

U2 were on my radar from day one , but I never bought anything until Best of 1980/1990 . And now I have most of my clothes in baskets because my half the armorie I share with hubby has all my U2 stuff . :wink:

Back
Top Bottom