First Review and Screencaps of the ZOO TV-DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hans@u2tour.de

The Fly
We are proud to present you the first review 4 weeks before the official release

www(dot)u2tour.de/specials/dvd_zoo_tv_sydney_review_EN.php

I hope that there's a commercial somewhere on this one, saying that the Milan DVD will be out this Christmas.

awesome!

the first history mix is included as an easter egg. i haven't seen the original history mix since 1994.

and i also have never seen any of the material that is being included on the bonus disc.

Much of the material featured on the DVD will be familiar to the avid U2 collector, as most of it has been shown on TV or a video somewhere already, and many fans will have collected more ‘bonus’ material from the ZooTV Tour than is available here.
:sigh:

I'm debating whether or not to get the single dvd or the 2 dvd version.

:shrug:

Actually, the review states that you have probably seen all of it already.

AND THE HOPE OF A SONG AS A EASTER EGG DIES

:( :( :(

I still want ULTRAVIOLET GODAMMIT ! :mad: :mad: :madspit: :madspit:

That's it , I'm starting a bloody PETITION !

whether i've already seen it or not, it will definitely be better quality. so i'll buy it.

I just looked through the screen shots. Can anyone confirm if the scene with the Mirrorball man from Yankees Stadium, contains the "I have a vision, I have a vision, a TELEVISION!!!"-thing? :drool:

Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World also looks interesting, although I've seen the clips before.

I might end up buying this anyway :hmm:

U2Man said:
I just looked through the screen shots. Can anyone confirm if the scene with the Mirrorball man from Yankees stadium, contains the "I have a vision, I have a vision, a TELEVISION!!!"-thing? :drool:

Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World also looks interesting, although I've seen the clips before.

I might end up buying this anyway :hmm:

yes, both desire and tryin are from yankee-stadium and were shown in the zoo tv-special 1992

I love ZooTv but to me this is another reminder of how idiotic it is that U2 chooses to go the cheap route and shoot their concerts (legacy) on video instead of film.

Please see Springsteen's recently released Hammersmith show to see the incredible difference of a concert shot on film...or even the concert footage from Rattle and Hum.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'm debating whether or not to get the single dvd or the 2 dvd version.

:shrug:
I'm debating which torrent site to peruse later in the week. :shrug:

BTW didn't say

Txs for the news and good work Hans , very good site indeed Mate , I'm always in there though I don't exactly understand german

But I confess I'm disappointed , here's why :

Couple weeks ago i put a thread , bout people being happy with the extras , and one of them said a very clever answer , it would be up with the docs , now look it :

3 documentaries , with no more than 8 minutes any .......... :| :| C'mon

This would be much better

http://youtube.com/watch?v=USeMtnuE2y4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1glPrjDO6Y

Or even that Rockumentary thing , with Edge explaining his guitar sets , why the older material is out of the Setlist ........ :|

Now look at the bonus tracks , Desire is the one good thing , but it's the probably the only great thing of the whole Disc 2

The sydney version of Arms Around is much better .........

And now this is harsh , repeating the 2 B Sides of COBL ????? :| And more repeating 2 songs that are already in Disc 1

Thanks for the complement, J_NP. I believe it was me who said that it depended on the documentaries. :wink:

While there's left from the tour :

Bad
I still Haven't Electric and Acoustic
Wild Horses
Stand By Me
All I want is you

And from the old encore : Ultraviolet And WOWY played with 2 Guitars , Extended version

Why can't u2 put a decent Disc 2 :banghead: :banghead:
:banghead:

Why Can't them learn with Floyd or Zepellin and put Double Sets like :

How West Was Won or Pulse ????? :mad:

Everything is fine to me, I didn't expect as much as some other persons here and I'm pretty satisfied, but just one thing- why put a whole 24-minute documentary as a hidden easter egg??? That's much more than the main extra stuff taken together! Give me a break, this is a one big JOKE! These "extra popmart show on a bonus disc" jokes weren't so unreal after all.

Last edited:
Honestly you guys are too much. You wanted this show on DVD now you got it but its still not enough to satisfy you absolutely amazing. If you dont like the second disc dont buy it very simple it is your own choice.

Quite honestly how many people are going to be interested in features or extras outside of maybe 1 out of 30 U2 fans...id venture to say not that many, people just want to see the concert in good quality or as good as its going to get anyway.

Nobody told you you had to go to torrent websites and download everything that U2 has done and then complain when its released to the rest of the world, 99 percent of those people havent seen it, and id venture to say most of the people even on this forum havent seen it. I have seen these things for the most part but im certainly not complaining about this release.

Ahh, what I would give to see a DVD quality video of Ultraviolet. From any Zoo TV show. Alas.

Back
Top Bottom