First Review and Screencaps of the ZOO TV-DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Man said:
with the TELEVISION!!! thing? :drool:

Looks like it. :hmm: The screen cap shows the other guy with the microphone, so that must be it. It has been ages since I watched that version of Desire so I can't remember the video too well. The audio's all committed to memory, on the other hand...

I HAVE A VISION!
I HAVE A VISION!
What's your vision?
I HAVE A VISION!
What's your vision?
TELEVISION! TELEVISION! TELEVISION! TELEVISIOOOOON!

:drool:

Oh heavens, the Mirrorball Man was fucking cool.

LemonMacPhisto said:
that was the greatest moment of the ZooTV tour :drool:

I personally think the transition between RTSS and Streets was the greatest moment of the Zoo TV tour. The evangelistic television rant certainly was the coolest moment of the Zoo TV tour, however. :drool:

GibsonGirl said:

I personally think the transition between RTSS and Streets was the greatest moment of the Zoo TV tour. The evangelistic television rant certainly was the coolest moment of the Zoo TV tour, however. :drool:

hmmm, yes, greatest is too ambiguous of a word.

The RTSS -> Streets thing is amazing, I love Bono's odd strut-walk back to the main stage.

And the best part of Streets is when he waves at himself on the screen.

"Hey You!"

Anyway , just in case u don't really know , but Im gonna buy it sooner or later :wink: Just wait till price goes down

But I can't still pretend I'm happy with what was presented as the bonus material of a 2 year tour , specially when I see how other bands treat their dvds , U2 still needs to release a fantastic dvd :hmm:

Back to discussion , good Hans or other people of u2tour.de , tell me how does it sound the DTS track of it ? Explosive enough ?

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I want it NOW. NOW!

24 minute documentary easter egg :drool:
Mirrorball Man :drool:
ZooTV! ZooTV! :drool:

I'm happy. After all, how much did I spend on the Vertigo Chicago DVD, $30? Give or take. And I was mostly happy with that. This is ZooTV :drool:

A. How could you NOT want to buy this?
You know Best Buy will have it for 20 bucks. Good God, 20 bucks for an amazing show in better quality than the VHS, plus bonus footage?
Are you crazy.
Stop whining.

B. You want to know why they don't add tons of extras?
Because it cost money. It cost a lot of money to put this stuff together, to add it on a disc, to pay all the people involved.
Even though Music vieo sales are getting stronger, Youtube and torrents continue to take revenue away.

Equate this to your job.
Would you work hard all day if someone got the fruits of your labor for free?
probably not.

Iskra, J_NP is not an "ugly" American...he's European so I doubt he has a Best Buy in his neighborhood. European prices do kinda suck so that may be what he's waiting for.

As for the whining...:shrug:

Some people on this board will never be satisfied with anything the band does. :no:

would have been nice to see annnnny new material. i mean they have to have someeeeething stored away that we havent seen yet right?

oh well, having old stuff in better quality is always good.

Chizip said:
would have been nice to see annnnny new material. i mean they have to have someeeeething stored away that we havent seen yet right?

oh well, having old stuff in better quality is always good.

you know, whatever they've hidden in their drawers would have been way too expensive to put on the dvd.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Iskra, J_NP is not an "ugly" American...he's European so I doubt he has a Best Buy in his neighborhood. European prices do kinda suck so that may be what he's waiting for.

As for the whining...:shrug:

Some people on this board will never be satisfied with anything the band does. :no:

Txs for the understanding , it's like this , but I'm a south-american actually . And yeah the prices ....... Just so u have an idea , last year I bought Chicago's dvd , I wanted so much a vertigo dvd as early as possble .......... Anyway I paid around 30 dollars for a Single Disc Version ......

1st thing , Let be clear , just coz I posted this on EYKIW , that this doesn't mean I'm like some nuts who say the band ripping , selling out ..... Hell just looked at what I say in the Possible Greatest Hits Thread , about what some people were saying ....... :shrug:

About the whining yeah , it's undeniable , the thing is I do love DVDs , specially U2's ones , after all is the closest experience u get of real live Exp , I'm just this guy who expects a LOT in these products , specially coming from a tour dvd that had so much to present ....... What I got a real complaining , is that there are only 4 live tracks , and 2 of them are in COBL single , people like thought bout buyin it , And When I mean buy a single , keep in mind it's gotta be by importating ..... so it's kinda let down , specially for the ones who already got the single , to have the same tracks on the dvd ..............

Now One thing That would shut me up completely is one single video DVD quality of Ultra Violet , not only I love this song live , but also , call me a guitar jeek , coz I am :wink: but I Mean it was the only song played with the Explorer , and I so did want those sounds , It's very weird a U2 dvd coming and not even a single song with it .........

Maybe is like that .... It's quite funny actually , maybe is the concert in the end of the day , I know that if they released a DVD concert only of Pop Mexico today , I would only thank .......

I'm a little bummed about the lack (or length) of the extras, not simply for selfish reasons, but why is the band downplaying the importance of this tour? Calling it revolutionary is not an exaggeration. it would have been nice to see a retrospective documentary, with the band reflecting 15 years later, as well as people from other bands who may have their own thoughts about the show. You could also have other public personalities like Salman Rushdie, Bill Clinton, etc. all talking about how their own careers were affected by the tour. It was a cultural phenomenon, and should be recognized as such. An hour would barely be enough to cover all that went into the conceptualization, the design, the staging, the performing, the transporting, and the impact on the audience. That doesn't even include special things like the Sarajevo uplink, which could be a documentary on its own.

As for the clips from the 1992 Thanksgiving special, that guy running after Bono with the mic was so unbelievable annoying. The show itself was great, however, and the WHOLE THING should have been included as bonus material.

Nice to see the Interference docs though. For me, Bono yelling "Rock and roll doggie!" down to the fan on the street is one of the all-time priceless B-Man moments.

I can't wait to get this if for no other reason than when my VCR packed it in a couple of years ago, I didn't bother to replace it so this will be my first full ZooTV viewing in some time. The quality upgrade looks great to. The sound is what I'll be most interested in.

GibsonGirl said:

I personally think the transition between RTSS and Streets was the greatest moment of the Zoo TV tour.

That's the moment that kicked me in the gut when I heard it the first time. As it was during the Dublin show broadcast, the transition was The First Time/BTBS/RTSS and Streets :drool:

Other moments I love are when Bono, as The Fly, says: "24 original super songs, and you get 'em free with every copy of Zoo TV!", and the George Bush Senior "We Will Rock You" bit.

bram said:
Ahh, what I would give to see a DVD quality video of Ultraviolet. From any Zoo TV show. Alas.

Me, as well. :drool:

Ultraviolet is highly underrated. It's AB era's Mercy.

:uhoh:

Anyone who has the Achtung Baby video or the good people of u2tour.de , could help me with info about this 24 min Easter Egg Doc ?

What's exactly this story thing ?

In the video for Achtung Baby, The Videos...etc. there is a running documentary throughout the video. It's basically a similar documentary that was aired on MTV during the Zoo TV Tour (first legs) and it contains a history mix and some interview and footage of the band during that time period. It's both interesting and strange and a must see. I'm glad it's finally coming to DVD.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
In the video for Achtung Baby, The Videos...etc. there is a running documentary throughout the video. It's basically a similar documentary that was aired on MTV during the Zoo TV Tour (first legs) and it contains a history mix and some interview and footage of the band during that time period. It's both interesting and strange and a must see. I'm glad it's finally coming to DVD.

Wait a second , tell me that it's one that Edge shows some of his gear , he's holding a Strat and trys some effects ?

U2Man said:
with the TELEVISION!!! thing? :drool:

Yes, the entire scene is included in 'Desire' from the Zoo TV Special, and in "A Fistful Of Zoo TV" Documentary -- complete with David Saltz talking as he comes on stage.

I'm definitely getting this! Question is regular edition or the special one? I should probably get the special one as this is one of the greatest tours ever!

J_NP said:
AND THE HOPE OF A SONG AS A EASTER EGG DIES

:( :( :(

I still want ULTRAVIOLET GODAMMIT ! :mad: :mad: :madspit: :madspit:

That's it , I'm starting a bloody PETITION !

Don't worry, I am going to sit there with my DVD remote control, typing in every possible mathematical combination of buttons, until I find an Ultraviolet easter egg. I'll let you know as soon as I find it.

J_NP said:

Wait a second , tell me that it's one that Edge shows some of his gear , he's holding a Strat and trys some effects ?

No, that's not it.

It opens with the band en route to a radio show and then it segues into a montage of Zoo Achtung era clips after the dude on the radio station asks 'so what's been happening the last few months?' or something to that effect, and Bono's "whe-hey'' intro plays over the top of it. Awesome.

Then it goes into the history montage at some point, then band interviews. It's not extensive or anything, but it's defintely cool.

Back
Top Bottom