First Order of Business-1. Start rebuilding The World Trade Center Towers...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamondbruno9

Mr. MacPhisto's Tub Scrubber
... immeadiately after the recovery of bodies has been completed. This will show our national resolve to the world that we as a nation will not "capitulate" to terrorism-symbolically and literally.The new Towers will be a 'beacon' or continual recognizible landmark for the world. A memorial should be built at the base of the new towers w/a list of those that perished.
2. The Bastards and Sons of Bitches that perpetuated the atrocities on Americans and the innocent should be identified quickly as possible and suffer the full effects of Justice and retribution.i.e.-(slaughtered)

I would write more,but I need to get to work- Godspeed-diamondbruno9

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

[This message has been edited by diamondbruno9 (edited 09-12-2001).]

I'm with you on both counts! I hope there was insurance on them and there will be no problem rebuilding them. I was wondering if they would be replaced, just as they were. This is the first I have heard of it, have you heard anyone mention it? I think they will 'after the dust settles,' too touchy and tragic right now.
frown.gif

------------------
I B 4 U2!

I don't think they will be rebuild since the fear that tall buildings like that will become targets for terrorists has - sadly enough - been confirmed

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

My thought is that rebuilding the WTC is not enough.

When it was first built, it was the tallest in the world. Now, some buildings in Kaula Lampur have that distinction.

I say we take the title back. Make the building tower of the world -- inscribe the names of the victims (once we found the untold number) on the building as a tribute to the victims; and make the new building a larger, fully functional office complex as an affirmation of freedom and freedom's greatest champion, the United States of America.

------------------
- Achtung Bubba
September
Streets capsizing,
spilling over,
down the drain

A memorial should and will occupy the space that used to belong to the WTC buildings. New York, or any other city, will never be the same after this and nor should it be. It is my belief that one of the things that infuriate these terrorists group are the gross flaunting of the riches of western civilization such as competing for the 'tallest building in the world'. To continue to do so would only further incite such attacks.
What happened today is dispicable & disgusting and the comfortable, 'isolated' existence we had settled into has been shattered. Watch the apprehensiveness that will occur at the Salt Lake olympics in a few months.
I don't think world war 3 will begin but today is going to be different from yesterday.

I know I for one will be a lot more apprehensive about the U.S. embassy here in downtown Ottawa since Canada is apparently a passage for these extremist terrorist groups.

Continuing to live our lives of freedom and prosperity will also infuriate terrorists, but we should not halt the American way of life.

We will rebuild, stronger and bolder than ever.

Fuck the terrorists.

------------------
- Achtung Bubba
September, streets capsizing,
Spilling over, down the drain

"You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're goin' up against. By God, I do. We're not just gonna shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy...bastards by the bushel."
from the film Patton

It is my belief that one of the things that infuriate these terrorists group are the gross flaunting of the riches of western civilization such as competing for the 'tallest building in the world'. To continue to do so would only further incite such attacks.

Actually, what incites these attacks is usually our support of the genocidal Israeli regeime, which indiscriminately kills civillians and commits more war crimes (per UN definition) than any other nation I can think of.

I don't think they will be rebuild since the fear that tall buildings like that will become targets for terrorists has - sadly enough - been confirmed

Nearly a thousand people are feared dead at the Pentagon....a low-rise building.

We cannot say that urban sprawl will somehow make us invunerable, and that we will not be able to build tall buildings ever again. The problem is not tall buildings, but people who like to crash passenger jets into heavily populated structures. Terrorists will always find somethihng to attack. Someplace symbolic, heavily populated or both. Unless you want to ban everything from skyscrapers, shopping malls, airports (!), etc.

The problem here is not one of architechture.

[This message has been edited by DoctorGonzo (edited 09-12-2001).]

Originally posted by Achtung Bubba:
My thought is that rebuilding the WTC is not enough.

When it was first built, it was the tallest in the world. Now, some buildings in Kaula Lampur have that distinction.

I say we take the title back. Make the building tower of the world -- inscribe the names of the victims (once we found the untold number) on the building as a tribute to the victims; and make the new building a larger, fully functional office complex as an affirmation of freedom and freedom's greatest champion, the United States of America.

IAM W/BUBBA ,Koba your reaction is what all terriosts in the world are hoping for. Godspeed-Db9

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------

Originally posted by DoctorGonzo:
Unless you want to ban everything from skyscrapers, shopping malls, airports (!), etc.
I don't want to ban anything
this isn't nessecarely my opinion, but I think your government might think twice before they decide to create another 'easy target' to kill thousands of people

------------------
Salome

Originally posted by Salome:
Originally posted by DoctorGonzo:
Unless you want to ban everything from skyscrapers, shopping malls, airports (!), etc.
I don't want to ban anything
this isn't nessecarely my opinion, but I think your government might think twice before they decide to create another 'easy target' to kill thousands of people

Salome-Rock and Roll Doggie,Americans choose not to live in fear nor "cow-tow" to maniacs and thugs...DB9

------------------

---------

rebuilding these towers would be one of the stupidest, if not most ignorant act they could possibly do. it would show a complete lack of sincere sorrowness as well as complete ignorance. rebuild them, if you must, in a totally different area in a totally different way.

second of all, i want to make clear i find the massive tragedy's to be horrendous just like everyone else. but now i ask, why do you think this happened? i think i might have an idea, tell me if you agree or not.

america bombs other countries all the time. iraq, all the time. the drug war in columbia? yup, them too, and more. does this make the news? hardly. i mean all i see is cycles, you must remember that they did crash the u.s. cause they are pissed at them. there is a reason why alomst every country truly dispises america. whether all this is right or not is NOT what im saying. i am merely pointing out the facts. and yes, the facts DO suck.

------------------
-deathbear

[This message has been edited by Red Ships of Scalla-Festa (edited 09-12-2001).]

It's hard to create a public building that couldn't possibly be an "easy target".

rebuilding these towers would be one of the stupidest, if not most ignorant act they could possibly do. it would show a complete lack of sincere sorrowness as well as complete ignorance. rebuild them, if you must, in a totally different area in a totally different way.

Don't worry, we have plenty of architects with no imagination who couldn't match the WTC's minimalist elegance if they tried.

My assumption is that the site will be left as a memorial to the victims, much like Oklahoma City. This may infuriate some real estate developers in NY, and obviously there needs to be some building to replace all the lost office space, but build elsewhere.

Originally posted by diamondbruno9:
Salome-Rock and Roll Doggie,Americans choose not to live in fear nor "cow-tow" to maniacs and thugs...DB9
DB9-not Rock and Roll Doggie, I forgot that since I'm not American I obviously don't know what it's like to be proud of my country

I'm sorry that I thought some things could be more important than nationalistic feelings

it won't ever happen again, sir

------------------

I think there's other things to think about right now rather than rebuilding the towers.

------------------
Catch the mouse
Squash his head
Put him in the pot

To note: The CN Tower in Canada is the largest free standing stucture in the world. Although, from what I've heard, CAnada's now a haven for terrorits...the "cell" may have originated in Canada? Let's not build a tower for the sake of beating out and up...being the biggest...but rather the ones with the biggest heart. A memorial would serve well

originally posted by DoctorGonzo
-----------------------------------

Actually, what incites these attacks is usually our support of the genocidal Israeli regeime, which indiscriminately kills civillians and commits more war crimes (per UN definition) than any other nation I can think of.

This is true which is why I stated something to the effect of 'one of the reasons...'.

kobayashi

originally posted by diamondbruno9
IAM W/BUBBA ,Koba your reaction is what all terriosts in the world are hoping for. Godspeed-Db9

My point is that large exhibitions of wealth and power can only serve to further infuriate individuals who already have a warped sense of reality, as terrorists have been known to have. It is a gross exaggeration of the way some people scowl at my father's BMW.

I am certaintly in favor of of rebuilding the towers. There will for sure be a memorial of course. I refuse to think that by rebuilding the towers, whether they be replicas or of a new design, we are being arrogant or whatever.

You know, the world goes on. We simply can not give in to fear and let the terrorists dictate how we're going to live. We will not let them succeed. Its rediculous to halt progress because of terrorist fear.

I can think of no better way to memorialize the victims and to stand up for what America stands for than by rebuilding a fully functional office tower / memorial complex. It would gracefully serve both purposes.

If we take the stance that we should not build high rises any longer, well I guess we should also start demolishing the Sears or Hancock Towers in Chicago or any of our other large towers. Now that the Empire State Building is the tallest tower in New York, maybe we should start dismantling that now for fear that it will be target for attack.

You know over in Asia somewhere there are plans on building the most massive tower EVER to be imagined just at three hundred stories. That is three times taller than the WTC. There is planned to be hospitals, malls, offices, apartments, police station, everything in this vertical city. It's crazy, I know, but the world won't stop building large towers. We keep populating the world like rabbits and geography is limited.

Originally posted by Ratch:
I'm with you on both counts! I hope there was insurance on them and there will be no problem rebuilding them. I was wondering if they would be replaced, just as they were. This is the first I have heard of it, have you heard anyone mention it? I think they will 'after the dust settles,' too touchy and tragic right now.
frown.gif

Unforutanately, insurance does NOT cover acts of war and there will be HUGE problems rebuilding them.

Originally posted by Skeksis:
I am certaintly in favor of of rebuilding the towers. There will for sure be a memorial of course. I refuse to think that by rebuilding the towers, whether they be replicas or of a new design, we are being arrogant or whatever.

You know, the world goes on. We simply can not give in to fear and let the terrorists dictate how we're going to live. We will not let them succeed. Its rediculous to halt progress because of terrorist fear.

I can think of no better way to memorialize the victims and to stand up for what America stands for than by rebuilding a fully functional office tower / memorial complex. It would gracefully serve both purposes.

If we take the stance that we should not build high rises any longer, well I guess we should also start demolishing the Sears or Hancock Towers in Chicago or any of our other large towers. Now that the Empire State Building is the tallest tower in New York, maybe we should start dismantling that now for fear that it will be target for attack.

You know over in Asia somewhere there are plans on building the most massive tower EVER to be imagined just at three hundred stories. That is three times taller than the WTC. There is planned to be hospitals, malls, offices, apartments, police station, everything in this vertical city. It's crazy, I know, but the world won't stop building large towers. We keep populating the world like rabbits and geography is limited.

Thank You Skekis .Very well put.Build at the same spot as a monument in rememberance of the innocent.

The last thing you would want is 5 yrs from now is some inferior mental case looking upon the N.Y.C. shoreline musing to himself-"yeah that's where the WTC towers "USED" to be but my 'commrades' removed them.

"BUTT-MUNCH bear" stay out of my threads.Stay home and CHOKE on your fries. -DB9

------------------

---------

It will make a statement if we rebuild them. A statement that we will not be beaten, that we will go on. New York without the twin towers will always be a reminder of our 'defeat' that day. Rebuilding will be a victory. Of course nothing can take the place of the lives, and there should be a memorial to those lost.
frown.gif
But New York is not Oklahoma City, there is no room to rebuild elsewhere in Manhatten and I don't think the rich developers would allow open space. As far as the tall buildings being targets, there are hundreds of others to worry about. About the terrorists hating us because of the tall buildings, I don't think they'd think any more of us if we didn't have them.
Rebuild them, and inside the new towers' lobbies make a huge plaque with a picture of the old towers and the names of the victims.

[This message has been edited by SamanthaPuff (edited 09-12-2001).]

db9 why the hell do you say that?! i was simply saying what was it i felt!! just cause i dont agree with you means that i shouldnt reply to your egotistical threads??

seriously you are proving to be more ignorant the more i hear from you. you scare me more than ivanclayton and shaunvox have been lately. i hope you get your head together and come to terms with my posts instead of labeling me and stooping to a whole new level.

------------------
-deathbear

Originally posted by SamanthaPuff:
It will make a statement if we rebuild them. A statement that we will not be beaten, that we will go on. New York without the twin towers will always be a reminder of our 'defeat' that day. Rebuilding will be a victory. Of course nothing can take the place of the lives, and there should be a memorial to those lost.
frown.gif
But New York is not Oklahoma City, there is no room to rebuild elsewhere in Manhatten and I don't think the rich developers would allow open space. As far as the tall buildings being targets, there are hundreds of others to worry about. About the terrorists hating us because of the tall buildings, I don't think they'd think any more of us if we didn't have them.
Rebuild them, and inside the new towers' lobbies make a huge plaque with a picture of the old towers and the names of the victims.

[This message has been edited by SamanthaPuff (edited 09-12-2001).]

Right on the money,Samantha-Db9

"Napolenicbear" you calling Db9 'egotistical' is 'the pot calling the kettle black'. Work on a new screen name "fruit-cake". Thank You Db9

------------------

---------

normally i would just unleash a barage of insults at you. but since this is a terrible thing were discussing, i will outclass you.

your insults are pittiful and plentiful. for that you will lose credibility with everyone, and in turn make me more popular.

you are the prototypical american that sooo many people around the world just love to hate. your cocky-ness (sp?) is only matched by your ignorance. how many people are like you in your country anyway?

and i should mention, that really, and i wouldnt lie, that everyone that i know that is american on this board is actually very cool and socially aware. this clown clearly wants to pinch his nose and fart for kids to get his shits and giggles, get his paycheck and go home. im not down with that, but hey everyone has to earn their money somehow...

on a different note, most people will agree that my screen names wail ass over your repititous, already monotonous name in which you say it like 3 or 4 times in every post. we know who you are already...

Is that good stuff you're smoking,fruitcake-bear?Db9 Almost forgot...Thank You-now choke on your fries

------------------

---------

that is now the third time youve said that i should choke. its not even funny how one can mention a wish that someone else should die in the aftermath of all this. why must you act like this? you really really make me sad, i am not kidding. i hope your one of few that are that ignorant...
frown.gif

------------------
-death bear

I think re-building the towers would be futile, absolutely futile and a waste of resources. Furthermore, it would only display a foolish emphasis on material things and not human resilience. Buildings, monuments, towers are not signs of your strength, Americans; it is your heart and will that is strong. By placing emphasis on such (in some ways, shallow) materialistic things would only remind the world how a McDonald's country the U.S. is.

foray

"MEELYMOUTHbear" -Your new found transparent sentimentalism is a 'no-sell' .Shaunvox and Ivan own you.Run and change your name. Db9

------------------

---------

Back
Top Bottom