First Order of Business-1. Start rebuilding The World Trade Center Towers...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Diemen:

The time has come to stop all this bullshit macho posturing. Rebuilding the WTC taller and bigger than before will not serve as a reminder of human resilience, but as a sign of our defiance of the recognition that we as a nation are just as vulnerable to attack as any other nation. It's time we recognize that we are not safe and insulated from the troubles of the world and it's time to realize that covering up wounds by simply building mightier and more impressive things over them is not going to solve anything. It will only prove our arrogance in the eyes of the rest of the world.

NOT that I am against rebuilding the WTC. I believe it should be rebuilt. I believe it has to be rebuilt simply because of how vital the businesses and centers it housed are to the US and global economy. Maybe it should be with the same design (I think that if we start planning to make buildings 'terrorist-hijacked-plane' safe we're going to end up a paranoid nation...but that's another story), or at least a similar design. I also believe that rebuilding should take place fairly soon (relatively speaking) after the rubble is cleared away and the search for survivors and gathering of casualties is finished. I also believe that there needs to be a permanent memorial built there. But I think this "let's build it bigger and higher than anything else" attitude is ridiculously cocky and arrogant, especially in light of what's happened.
Diemen,
So we agree it should be rebuilt.Good.
Iam not advocating that it should be
larger. I think more 'pristine' if you will more 'beautiful' than the previous one out of respect for the dead and survivors.

Now another thought,once you realize that The WTC Towers were an INTERNATIONAL symbol for ALL COUNTRIES,you will probably stop wondering if it will be an 'affornt' to the next 'Johnny-come-lately-terrorist'.

I am sure you realize there were Muslims,Palestinians Buddists Hindu,Catholic,Mormon all working in the Towers and living in NYC that day.This was an ASSAULT on all of those good people from every background.

I say BUILD It for all of the victims regardless of Race or Religion. We as well as the world owes it to them.

Hope this makes sense to you.Godspeed-Db9

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

DB are MY intitials

Deathbear-
1st-YOU SUCK!2.DB have been my initials long before u join interfernce trying to find one of your idenitities,long before you stumbled onto RadioHead and way before you even came into your lousy, morbid existence.
3.Get some pyscological help you clearly have an inferiority complex this is CLEARLY apparent.
4.Are you "literally-challenged"? What part of 'stay out of my thread' don't you understand?
5.Your mind-less meandering,pointless threads BORE ME. I choose to keep as far away from them as possible-ALONG W/OTHERS.
6.Stop riding on my shirt-tails,must you habitually,continually appear as a parasite?
7.Get a life and heed the advice of the Moderator that shut down your pathetic excuse of a thread today.

PS You are beneath me Bear,stay away...DB9

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------

The time has come to stop all this bullshit macho posturing. Rebuilding the WTC taller and bigger than before will not serve as a reminder of human resilience, but as a sign of our defiance of the recognition that we as a nation are just as vulnerable to attack as any other nation.

Now that you mention it, I don't think a larger WTC will be a sign of defiance.

By the time the new WTC is dedicated, the terrorist groups of the world should lay in ruins -- and the countries that harbor them should be broken.

A new, larger, more commanding WTC won't signify defiance. It will stand for victory.

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

September, streets capsizing,
Spilling over, down the drain

"You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're goin' up against. By God, I do. We're not just gonna shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy...bastards by the bushel."
from the film Patton

i cannot believe what you just said. i was honestly saying something nice about you, and then you have to say this. what is wrong with you? have people drilled holes in your head as a child? what are you missing? what would make you attack me after complimenting you like that, and a sincere compliment might i add.

------------------
-deathbear

Stage Boy, that was mean. Deathbear was honestly giving you a compliment and you just shit all over him.

mad.gif

------------------
Religious Nuts, Political Fanatics In The Stew
Happily Not Like Me And You
That's where I lost you....

Sicy's Website

My boy Bubba!It really doesn't need to be 'bigger'.Just more beautiful....

Look at it this way-If U were ransacked and jumped as a person-(AS NYC WAS) as a person u dont come back wearing stilts.

Rather a "new' set of "Clothes" similar threads but nicer w/no rips ready for justice and righteous retribution. so Bubba are you w/that thought? Db9

------------------

---------

Originally posted by Red Ships of Scalla-Festa:
i cannot believe what you just said. i was honestly saying something nice about you, and then you have to say this. what is wrong with you? have people drilled holes in your head as a child? what are you missing? what would make you attack me after complimenting you like that, and a sincere compliment might i add.

It is a little late for 'suck ups',however if in fact you are sincere,Bear, than I call upon you to Post a favorable thread straight away about our 'budding' relationship.The masses are waiting...Db9

------------------

---------

i will never suck up to you, you are a freak in my books, and you seriously scare me and lots of other people here to great lengths. ever since you burst onto the sceen youve been nothing short of a pycho and i wont have any part of you.

i was serious about your pics, and now that you bashed me for that, i will give you similiar trEATYOUment, i mean trEATment.

------------------
-deathbear

OK Bear-Now listen,this is precisely the truth so pay attention:

While you were posting your 1 out of 50 nice posts about ME ,I simotaniously was 'going off' on you,unbeknowns to me at the same exact time.

Then I hit the 'send up' button and I see what you write and I reply -"Ah Shit,Finally the kid has something nice to say"

So thats the true story. Btw if u did meet me at a show u would think different Iam certain,so cut the Shit. Late-Db9

------------------

---------

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Stage Boy, that was mean. Deathbear was honestly giving you a compliment and you just shit all over him.

mad.gif

HEY! Stay out of this "BOO-BOO-Goddess".This is a dicussion between two men which is now settled. Later,Ahhh shit almost forgot-"Thank You"-Db9

------------------

---------

[This message has been edited by diamondbruno9 (edited 09-13-2001).]

For the love of God I was just going to commend you guys for making up.

I can come into any thread I want by the way.

tongue.gif

Threads are public, dont forget.

Thank you.. SG

------------------

Sicy's Website

For the love of God I was just going to commend you guys for making up.

I can come into any thread I want by the way.

tongue.gif

Threads are public, dont forget.

Insomuch only if PimpBear says you can. lol-Db9

Thank you..
DB#9

------------------

---------

Originally posted by TylerDurden:
I hope you're not being serious with you're posts. If you are you are a very very strange person.

Sicy,Will you handle the bloke from Australia please.

Would you teach me in private please? Db9

------------------

---------

Tyler is cool.

You choke on fries.

Originally posted by Stage Boy:
Would you teach me in private please? Db9

It's these kinds of degrading remarks you make towards me that make me want to stab myself with a fork.

Thank you..... SG

smile.gif

------------------

Sicy's Website

Doctor G,

Are you a terrorist? You sure sound like one. Your anti-Israel rant is getting old in a hurry. If anything, they have been the targets of genocide throughout the ages. They merely hit back when they are harmed. Do not equate some of their poor decisions with the hate filled actions going on in Iraq, the Balkans, and Africa all the time. Time to wise up.

------------------
Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.

[This message has been edited by StarsnStripes (edited 09-13-2001).]

Originally posted by STAGE BOY
Sicy,Will you handle the bloke from Australia please.

You didnt say he wasnt cool.... but you implied I should put a horse's head in his bed or something.

Late... Thank you ...... SG

fries.

------------------

Sicy's Website

No,no,no "dramaprincess". In diamondspeak 'handle' means "enlighten". Now please "handle" the youngster from down under.

Thank You,Good Evening (quit mimicking me)Late #9

------------------

---------

Your slang boggles my mind diamondweirdo.

And mimicking you is fun.

biggrin.gif

Nite.. peace... late.. thank you.. SG

------------------

Sicy's Website

Check you ego, db9 - I wonder if you can fit through doorways without stooping right now.

Oakie Doke MR-"Iam the 2nd tallest interferencer here"

Diemen quit campin out in my thread or I will tell Bubba where you're hiding..
And Diemen who made YOU the 'ego-morality-monitor' here anyway? Huh? Mr.Big Potatoe?LOL

Sicy,sicy,sicy-I have 'diamondfatigue' and Iam going to bed,I cannot 'deal' w/you anymore this evening.. Thank You #9

------------------

---------

[This message has been edited by diamondbruno9 (edited 09-14-2001).]

Yay you learned how to quote!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

You probly cheated and looked at mine.

Goodnite...... thank you.. have a pleasant evening and dont dream about fries.

------------------

Sicy's Website

Yay you learned how to quote!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

You probly cheated and looked at mine.

Goodnite...... thank you.. have a pleasant evening and dont dream about fries.

Well Princess I guess 'majical' things tend to happen around you. G Nite #9 aka(in certain circles only)-"Stageboy"

------------------

---------

Back
Top Bottom