Fire, Wire, or Desire?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fire, Wire or Desire?

• Fire

Votes: 15 13.4%
  • Wire

Votes: 48 42.9%
  • Desire

Votes: 49 43.8%

• Total voters
Desire, because I'm in the mood for something playful and fun and that's the best of the three in that sense.

Those other songs are great, but Wire is the best. I think The Edge once described the song as being "Edge as Edge is", and he was right. The guitar riffs and fills are quintessential Edge. And, it's a pretty goddamn good performance from Adam, too. I regret not being able to hear this thing live, outside of bootlegs. If I recall, they ditched it because people were fucking each other up in the audience when they played it. I think it actually is the fastest U2 song, with a very sinister tone, so I guess I can see how it could theoretically get people riled up. Wish they'd bring it back, though.

Last edited:
Shade said:
Those other songs are great, but Wire is the best. I think The Edge once described the song as being "Edge as Edge is", and he was right. The guitar riffs and fills are quintessential Edge. And, it's a pretty goddamn good performance from Adam, too. I regret not being able to hear this thing live, outside of bootlegs. If I recall, they ditched it because people were fucking each other up in the audience when they played it. I think it actually is the fastest U2 song, with a very sinister tone, so I guess I can see how it could theoretically get people riled up. Wish they'd bring it back, though.

:ohmy:

Me too now..... :wink:

A damn tough call for me to make, to be sure. I went with "Fire" on a whim, though. I don't really care for "Desire" as much as I used to, but I've always loved both "Fire" and "Wire." Truth be told, I think I enjoy each song to just about the same degree...I guess that, right now, I'm just feelin' "Fire" a little-tiny bit more, is all. Still, "Wire" kicked my ass when I listened to it just yesterday. Great songs, both...and "Desire" isn't bad, but it's just nothing special for me, any more.

Oh man... I listened to Wire full-blast tonight while driving home. It gave me chills! There's just something about The Edge's intro that grips you and doesn't let go until Bono's "swing on it."

One of my favourite songs from one of my favourite albums. :up: I'm glad I picked Wire over Fire in the first place. Fire is great, but Wire is just something else. If I could vote for it again, I would.

Back
Top Bottom