Finally we have an album: SONGS OF INNOCENCE!! DISCUSSION THREAD ONLY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iris sounds like a Verve song, with a Keep Talking (Pink Floyd) vibe at the start.

That's a good thing (I like The Verve even better than U2).

The music reminds me a lot of Columbo.

Wow,

U2 put a fast one on us. Years and years waiting and they actually surprise us with a surprise release. Fantastic. Into the third song now. So far I love it. If Danger Mouse had any input in this album then it shows.............I might actually sign up for U2.com to score tix for next year.

My first post in over 6 years:hyper:

Only been able to download California & Cedarwood Road. Really liking what I'm hearing so far!! SO HAPPY!!!!

It's a really BRIGHT record. One might even say "poppy." Very little of the typical U2 lead bottom in the production.

Well, this different alright. I think this will be great after I get over this first shock.

Wow,

U2 put a fast one on us. Years and years waiting and they actually surprise us with a surprise release. Fantastic. Into the third song now. So far I love it. If Danger Mouse had any input in this album then it shows.............I might actually sign up for U2.com to score tix for next year.

me too!

This sounds like U2 but it sounds like youthful U2.

The vocal and guitar effects on Volcano remind me just a hint of AB/Zooropa, but subtly enough that it sounds new.

It feels like there is such a heap of raw energy in this album. It's just begging to be turned-up loud.

Sleep like a baby tonight! Nice.. Synthy keyboard throughout, heavy guitar.. Stripped back HMKM feel.. Meets 80's pop sound..

welcome back. I am thrilled with the new album.
Wow,

I think I mistakenly hit "shuffle" because it's not running in order but so far every song is better than the one before....This Is where You can reach me is blowing my mind... WOW!!!

I"m an apple nerd and I see the album on iTunes, but it tells me it's already in my music library, but it's not. Or I don't have a setting on... maybe I blocked icloud... hmm...

.... Update.... I finally see a download button pop up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom