Finally we have an album: SONGS OF INNOCENCE!! DISCUSSION THREAD ONLY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
aaaaaah cannot download it??? I see a right column called 'purchased'(gekocht in Dutch). But only hear snippets. I don't see the cloud signal anywhere... how cab i download it to my iphone???

HELP! :)

Trevgreg’s Initial Thoughts on One Listen:
Standouts so far… The Miracle, Every Breaking Wave (redux, haha), Sleep like a Baby Tonight, This is Where You Can Reach Me Now, The Troubles.

Overall, I’m not completely knocked out by the quality, but I’m feeling it for the most part. Quite a few of the middle tracks like Iris, Raised by Wolves, and Volcano might have to grow on me in the long run. But I’m digging the vibe of everything for the most part. They all sound like actual songs as well (i.e., not WAS or COL or some of the more boring tracks on NLOTH), so that will only help it translate into a live setting.

i like it.

my concern is that i haven't yet heard the usual "monumental U2 track" that every album has. i usually like those.

these songs are also a bit similar to each other -- one could call that cohesion, but i like how every single song on most other albums are clear and distinct worlds unto themselves.

that said, this is the least embarrassing, cheesy U2 album in forever. but that makes me wonder if it's a bit of a loss of identity.

that said, too, i'm just getting to the end and am working furiously under deadline. this really wasn't a good day for them to release an album. for me.

Turn on "Show Music in the Cloud"

For those of you having trouble finding the album:

In iTunes, go to your View menu. Make sure "Show music in the Cloud" is turned ON. I didn't have this on at first, and made me want to pull my hair out.

Good Ol Class of 2000s :wave:

Any virgins holding out till physical release in October :D

Wow! Just finished all 11 Tracks... what an excellent album, fresh sounds, some synths which I really liked and no mailing it in for Edge..... very happy with this album.... CHEERS!

It feels like the album abruptly ends after The Troubles. I'm very pleased with what we got though. There were so many moments where I was like who is this band?! but it in a good way.

Raised By Wolves is the first song to go on repeat :hyper:

I hope this grows on me cos am not feeling it. Very underwhelming atm tbh. Expected a lot more after five years of waiting....maybe I should not expect too much from this once great band. Seems like a huge drop in quality from NLOTH.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

i like it.

my concern is that i haven't yet heard the usual "monumental U2 track" that every album has. i usually like those.

these songs are also a bit similar to each other -- one could call that cohesion, but i like how every single song on most other albums are clear and distinct worlds unto themselves.

that said, this is the least embarrassing, cheesy U2 album in forever. but that makes me wonder if it's a bit of a loss of identity.

that said, too, i'm just getting to the end and am working furiously under deadline. this really wasn't a good day for them to release an album. for me.

Yup lots of mid tempo good stuff, but no major standout, however nothing embarrassingly bad like NLOTH had with GOYB or Crazy.

Does anybody else feel like there gonna explode I really don't think I can take all this :) I feel like crying :)

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Only heard it through. Laptop speakers. I'm really enjoying it. Next up sonos the bed and through head phones. Today is a great day.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom