Finally! The mp3 of U2 recording at HQ, 05-17-08 (no links please!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 74 (38 members and 36 guests)
pepokiss, Dorian Gray, Jdelbove, KEVIN051269, marshall faulk, Rob33, campian, LemonMelon, mwheelonh, Catman, Visiongfx, Sleep Over Jack, mama cass, U2vertigofly, mikal, stargift, popacrobat, Iskra, topplehatU2, super fly guy, MICNOODS, Hank, Niceman, AtomicBono, victor_f, DreamOutLoud13, misterboo, chrissybaby, PolarCamel, 2861U2, buzzkill27, Super Yo, oceane, Swan269, tomtom

Well there's a part that uses the same key and progression as mysterious ways minus one chord {B (-E) D A} and there's a descending melody sung over it, the same notes as MW, with different phrasing though. so that's why many people recall MW when they hear it.
Edge's repetaing riff chiming over and over reminds me of the opening riff from the Doves' "words", and something about the vibe and long high notes does resemble some Perry Farrell song, mybe "Classic Girl" from Jane's Addiction's "Ritual...", and it is grand, shameless pop, like Oasis, like The Verve. There's some curious sounds midway through a 12 string Rickenbacker over a phaaaaaaaat organ-synth sound (MW anyone?) I can hear strings as well (maybe a part of the organ-synth sound, or might be the effect Edge likes to use every now and then, doubling the guitar with string-like sound).

but above all it's just U2 :)

I tried to edit and reduce noise but I gave up, just too faint and the music is all along the recording so I can't sample and define silence or noise, lets just wait for November

anyway in case anyone needs a mirror

(this is the exact same recording shared by DOL, no editing, in case anyone experiences problems with Mediafire)

cheers.

DreamOutLound, thanks again, and thanks a million to your friend. happily scientists have found life on the banks of the Liffey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Rob!

I can't really pick that much out, but from what I can tell, Bono's voice is very strong. He's holding notes forever.

I'm sorry, I put the file on the sharing site named after the verb "send" and the noun "space"

sorry for that (dumb of me, not to ponder the reason it won't let me post the word $endsp@ce...

He might be having doubts concerning his upcoming album. Brian Eno can only do so much... :sigh:

i kid, i kid... i enjoy coldplay and am fairly optimistic about their next record

has anyone else noticed that this song seems to have some influences from beach clips 402 and 404? the vocals in what i think is the verse reminds me a little of the verse from 404 (All My Life), and the guitar hook from the chorus reminds me a little of 402.

maybe a stretch, but it seems like they've taken what they had from the Rubin sessions and un-htdaab'ed them. ;)

has anyone else noticed that this song seems to have some influences from beach clips 402 and 404? the vocals in what i think is the verse reminds me a little of the verse from 404 (All My Life), and the guitar hook from the chorus reminds me a little of 402.

agreed. definitely reminded me of the 2006 beach clips, and there's also that guitar part that sounds like 'take you down' (or whatever that the fly/lady with the spinning head/ultraviolet mix from the AB outtakes is called)

also, i think it's safe to assume that around 20 seconds, the 1st chorus is finishing and then we go into the 2nd verse leading into the 2nd chorus, and then the sound starts to fade and it's hard to really hear what's going on after that.

good stuff. Thank you DOL!

anyone kind enough to send my way---- utooguy@gmail.com

thanks!!!!
:D

excited to hear...have only read through a few of the pages so far and I'm getting pumped..

Back
Top Bottom