finally saw million dollar hotel, i have questions - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2001, 02:44 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:03 AM
I too liked it. It was no picnic, but it wasn't meant to be.Sombre. A modern tragedy. What is art and where is the love?

Old 03-19-2002, 07:00 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:03 AM
Hey, look what I dug up from last year. I just saw the movie for the first time on cable last night. I love Wim Wenders and, damn, I wanted the critics to be wrong. I tried to like this movie...really I did...but I could "see" everybody acting which pretty much ruined it. It had that unmistakable Wim Wenders quality that I always enjoy, especially visually, but overall I thought it was pretty awful, actually. A friend of mine called it "endearingly awful" which is generous and maybe I could agree if I could watch it again, which I doubt I'll be able to...

Can't wait to get the soundtrack, though. And I missed Bono's 5 seconds. I must've blinked.

Old 03-19-2002, 09:57 PM   #23
Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner

Local Time: 09:03 AM
OK I actually cried the first time I saw MDH. I really like it!!!!! And I wrote a bunch of poems afterwards. That's always good fer business

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono
Get on the Boos
Old 03-19-2002, 10:40 PM   #24
War Child

Local Time: 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha:
Diso, my love, it wasn't you...it was the movie.

I beg to differ, I loved the movie, I think it could've been better if were a bit more focused or if they just developed Mel's character a bit more cause he is crucial to the movie just severely underplayed (which I just noticed is completely opposite of Melon's view). Another example being that the movie supposedly takes place in 2030 but really is there any hint of that in the movie? So like I said they throw a lot out there but don't really develop it.

I also think that a lot of the characters feel fake because they are all so "unique" but having been to the hotel 3 times, and even more often to the neighborhood I can tell you they are pretty normal in comparison (I happen to live nearby). Being there severely helped me understand the movie.

The One Dollar Diary is a great suggestion by Angel, awesome little behind scenes that can really help its viewing. Which reminds me, my copy has been hijacked by a friend I should ask for it back. I taped it from the Independent Film Channel, I don't know if it's out on video anywhere but I remember Bono attended a premiere of it in a theater in Toronto (?) during the tour so maybe soon.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!
Old 03-20-2002, 07:14 AM   #25
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ody:
I fell asleep 3 different times during this movie....
Same here. I've been able to see the whole movie in parts (in between falling asleep).

I usually put it on when I have insomnia.
Old 03-20-2002, 07:58 AM   #26
The Fly

Local Time: 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by follower:
No, UV2001 is not alone, I like MDH, although its not the best film directed by Wim Wenders. Maybe youre not familiar with his work, try to see Wings of Desire, Paris Texas or Faraway so Close.

What is the film "Faraway so close" like? what is it about??

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast