Finally...New Propaganda?? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2002, 10:05 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by atikicat
I don't really care if they ever come out with another issue. Sites like U2.com, youtwo.net and this one make the mag obsolete. The only reason I subscribe anymore...and I have been since before it even became Propaganda...is the ticket offers. I can't see them realistically doing something like that through U2.com. Too many people would be able to take advantage of it. At least the Prop offer keeps it somewhat under control.
Which is exactly why Prop is not obsolete. I mean, they don't need to make an actual magazine to do it, but it would be nice if they continued to keep a list of members (who paid some 'subscription' fee) and send them ticket forms like they do for subscribers now. Also, and I think martha pointed this out, Prop isn't just about information. It's nice to have a pretty, glossy magazine with nice pictures (and free cds) to be able to hold in your own hands. But, really, as long as they do the ticket offers, I don't care *that* much about the magazine. Ah just want mah tickets. Ah, well. I can only hope.

Old 09-07-2002, 10:07 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by dsmith2904

Maybe they could let us go through Larry's storage and take whatever little U2 keepsake our heart's desired...

"Grammys, we got Grammys! Anyone want a Grammy? How about a Gold Record? US, France or Australia?"
Bwahahaha.

"Gold record? Noooo, I said PLATINUM record. I want my money's worth, dammit."

Old 09-07-2002, 10:50 AM   #23
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:12 AM
Normal I'll believe it when I see it...

I am another Propaganda subscriber who also hasn't been too impressed with what I got for $25..... I've only received one issue, I signed up mostly for the ticket perks and was really disappointed with how things turned out for Elevation. If I am remembering right, I paid for the most expensive tickets (~$130) for the Detroit show (Gold Circle?), and ended up having seats about 1/2 way up! Suckola....
The floor tickets sounded tempting, especially with the decent ticket price, but I was scared of getting trampled. Although now that I think about it, maybe it wouldn't be so bad, if you were going to die, to die with U2 in the room........
Did any of you Prop subscribers get in the Heart? Was that pure luck, camping out overnight, what exactly? I'm guessing that being on the outside of the Heart near the edges or the tip just involved alot of elbowing and "excuse me's" ? Just curious....
(BTW if this is too off topic, I accept 50 lashes with a wet noodle, still new to Interference and forum protocol )
Old 09-07-2002, 11:45 AM   #24
Refugee

I got tickets from Prop for both legs of Elevation, and got the exact tickets I wanted, both times. Which involved 2 sets of GA tickets. That said, GA tickets come with no guarantee of being in the heart. However, I did get into the heart twice -- both times by showing up ridiculously early and waiting in line. Which, incidentally, was great fun. A lot of people with Prop tickets were in the heart - which really says more about the level of fandom associated with being a Prop member than anything inherent about the tickets.

Which is why I ... want ... my magazine! And MacPhisto's boots. Is that too much to ask? I think not.

By the way, Gina? Looooove the sig!!!!
Old 09-07-2002, 12:33 PM   #25
War Child

I've been getting tickets through Prop from the JT tour on...at face value and in the front rows. No the "front rows" weren't an inherent part of the Prop tix on the Elevation tour with whole GA arrangement. You had to work for it. And you're right...Prop subscribers are fanatic enough to do this, but do you think you could have gotten the exact GA tickets you wanted at face value for the Elevation tour without Prop? Not likely. Without Prop you may not have had the chance to even get in the heart. Not without at least paying a lot more money to get tix from a scalper. Or go through the hassle and worry of trying to get tix through TM or waiting in line for 24 hrs+ on the hope that you'll score some last minute tix at the box office. You can have my mag...I'll take your tickets.
Old 09-07-2002, 02:17 PM   #26
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Well, hopefully I'll be able to camp out the night before, the next time they come around town. I don't think Detroit would ever be a first stop for them, so I'm sure we'd know the stage setup, etc before they got here. I'm torn because I would love for them to tour in 2003, but my rotations for vet school start in January 2003 and run 'til May 2004. Unless they give WAY advance notice for their concert dates, it would be hard to get a day off to be able to go wait in line all day....
Old 09-07-2002, 02:44 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes

Bwahahaha.

"Gold record? Noooo, I said PLATINUM record. I want my money's worth, dammit."
OK kids, let's start making up our wish lists. I think I would like the shirt Bono wore in the Streets video and one of Edge's massive stone rings from the ZooTV tour.
Old 09-07-2002, 03:18 PM   #28
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

i used to be a propaganda member. i joined in 97 and got my four issues (i guess?) and hasta la vista baby.

even then i couldn't understand how the hell it can take so long to come out with issues. when the band is just working on an album or something i can understand it being kinda slow, but when there's an album out, and they're touring, is it really that hard to come up with 40-50 pages of stuff?
Old 09-07-2002, 03:27 PM   #29
Blue Crack Supplier

PLEBA moment

Quote:
Originally posted by dsmith2904

the shirt Bono wore in the Streets video

Unwashed, please.
Old 09-07-2002, 04:04 PM   #30
Refugee

Re: PLEBA moment

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Unwashed, please.

eeeeeeeeewwwwwwww
hehe
Old 09-07-2002, 09:07 PM   #31
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

My choice

I get dibs on those lucky black pants Bono wore in the Mysterious Ways video (see FallingStar signature to refresh your memory), also would prefer unwashed......
Old 09-07-2002, 10:22 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: PLEBA moment

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Unwashed, please.
And if he'd like to model it for me, I'd have no problem with that either!
Old 09-09-2002, 11:18 PM   #33
War Child

Odd Couple Tour 2002 T shirt for me please!!!!!
Old 09-10-2002, 09:37 AM   #34
War Child

Another idea ? Since 1986 there has been 30 issues. All that history. All those interviews articles and photos. I think it would be great if they put them all together in a coffee table-like book (something like U2 Live: A Concert Documentary) and gave it out as the last issue and farewell gift. Or if they gave us a discount gift certificate for it. I would love it ! If the amount of material was too much then could consist of the major highlights from each issue or publish 2 volumes 80s and 90s. Then the remaining copies published could be sold at U2.com.

There is also the 16 issues of U2 INFO SERVICE newsletter / magazine which appears to be the precursor to Propaganda. It ran from the Fall of 1981 to the Fall of 1985. A majority of the issues are up at
www.richard.hare.dsl.pipex.com/u2info.html
Old 09-10-2002, 09:58 AM   #35
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Soar
There is also the 16 issues of U2 INFO SERVICE newsletter / magazine which appears to be the precursor to Propaganda. It ran from the Fall of 1981 to the Fall of 1985. A majority of the issues are up at
www.richard.hare.dsl.pipex.com/u2info.html

Thanks for that link! Great site, hadn't seen it yet - good early u2 pics
Old 09-13-2002, 08:10 PM   #36
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Update

This may have been posted somewhere else, but I thought I'd throw it in this thread. For anyone who isn't subscribed to atu2.com, this was their announcement sent out today:

@U2: Donal M. of Ireland emails to let us know that the new issue of
Propaganda has just arrived. Some details from Donal:

"It is the SUMMER 2002 edition. The Issue number is No. 33 according to the letter. There is no mention of the magazine finishing up. In fact the
accompanying letter says that I am subscribed up to Issue No. 36. I haven't read it in full yet, but there are four 1-page interviews with each band member. These interviews were conducted in Dublin last March. It's interesting to note that at that point the band had not finalised which
was their next album, the Greatest Hits or a brand new album. There is also a 16-page report on various concerts, including Slane, plus a few pages on Bono's "Harvard Address" back in June, 2001."

Thanks for the details, Donal!

m2

--

So I bet we'll see it sometime this week - yay!!
Old 09-14-2002, 08:52 AM   #37
War Child

what happened to Issue 32????