Finally...New Propaganda??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My choice

I get dibs on those lucky black pants Bono wore in the Mysterious Ways video (see FallingStar signature to refresh your memory), also would prefer unwashed......:eek:

Another idea ? Since 1986 there has been 30 issues. All that history. All those interviews ? articles ? and photos. I think it would be great if they put them all together in a coffee table-like book (something like U2 Live: A Concert Documentary) and gave it out as the last issue and farewell gift. Or if they gave us a discount gift certificate for it. I would love it ! If the amount of material was too much then could consist of the major highlights from each issue or publish 2 volumes ? 80s and 90s. Then the remaining copies published could be sold at U2.com.

There is also the 16 issues of U2 INFO SERVICE newsletter / magazine which appears to be the precursor to Propaganda. It ran from the Fall of 1981 to the Fall of 1985. A majority of the issues are up at ?
www.richard.hare.dsl.pipex.com/u2info.html

Thanks!!

U2Soar said:
There is also the 16 issues of U2 INFO SERVICE newsletter / magazine which appears to be the precursor to Propaganda. It ran from the Fall of 1981 to the Fall of 1985. A majority of the issues are up at ?
www.richard.hare.dsl.pipex.com/u2info.html

Thanks for that link! Great site, hadn't seen it yet - good early u2 pics :)

Update

This may have been posted somewhere else, but I thought I'd throw it in this thread. For anyone who isn't subscribed to atu2.com, this was their announcement sent out today:

@U2: Donal M. of Ireland emails to let us know that the new issue of
Propaganda has just arrived. Some details from Donal:

"It is the SUMMER 2002 edition. The Issue number is No. 33 according to the letter. There is no mention of the magazine finishing up. In fact the
accompanying letter says that I am subscribed up to Issue No. 36. I haven't read it in full yet, but there are four 1-page interviews with each band member. These interviews were conducted in Dublin last March. It's interesting to note that at that point the band had not finalised which
was their next album, the Greatest Hits or a brand new album. There is also a 16-page report on various concerts, including Slane, plus a few pages on Bono's "Harvard Address" back in June, 2001."

Thanks for the details, Donal!

m2

--

So I bet we'll see it sometime this week - yay!! :)

Back
Top Bottom