finally got Passengers: Original Soundtracks 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
finally got this album and i have listened to it over the weekend.
like i said before, the only songs i've already heard was Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue Room. and i think those songs are great, especially YBR.
but after listening to the album, my favorite track has to be Slug, that song is amazingly brilliant :drool:

i agree, the worst song from the album is Elvis Ate America :down:

U2FanPeter said:
MDH also has the taint of being associated with that movie, whereas OS1 is can't have that problem.

I still don't see how an album (or song) written for a soundtrack should be "tainted" in any way. Should it matter where the inspiration came from? Like I said earlier, 'Stay' was written specifically for the Wim Wenders' movie, Stay (Faraway So Close!). However, I'm sure this song is not tainted in the least, is it? This song was also put on Zooropa. What if every song on Zooropa was written for the same movie? Would it no longer be a "real" U2 album? If the answer is no, then you (or anyone) would have to do some clever logistical juggling to argue that 'Stay' is a proper U2 song. Why should the song be exempt but the album should not? And also, as I said earlier, there are many artists who have albums that were soundtrack albums, yet are still considered albums by that group or artist. One example is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

If U2 got together, as a full band, and recorded an entire album without producers for a documentary entitled, A Year in the Life of U2, would that not be considered a proper U2 album? Would it be "tainted"? Of course it wouldn't be! But this would still be a soundtrack album.

XHendrix24 said:

You do know that those songs aren't from actual movies, correct?

:wink:
Haha, almost true! :wink: Most aren't, but there are 3 songs that appeared in movies. 'One Minute Warning' is actually from the movie it states in the booklet, Ghost In The Shell; 'Miss Sarajevo' is correctly from the documentary, Miss Sarajevo, while 'Always Forever Now' later appeard in Heat.

Last edited:
Originally posted by XHendrix24
You do know that those songs aren't from actual movies, correct?

:wink:

Huh? :huh:

First I discover Ben O'Rian is an anagram of Brian Eno, and that some of the 'actors' listed are anagrams of some of the collaborators, but now the songs aren't from the movies listed? Are the movies even real?

Is anything real? :ohmy::reject:

My life is no longer so surefooted...:shifty:

Michael Griffiths said:

Haha, almost true! :wink: Most aren't, but there are 3 songs that appeared in movies. 'One Minute Warning' is actually from the movie it states in the booklet, Ghost In The Shell; 'Miss Sarajevo' is correctly from the documentary, Miss Sarajevo, while 'Always Forever Now' later appeard in Heat.

Your Blue room and Beach Sequence are in Beyond the clouds as stated on the passengers booklet too.

An Cat Gav said:

Your Blue room and Beach Sequence are in Beyond the clouds as stated on the passengers booklet too.
Ah, thank you An Cat Gav! :)

With 5 songs being used for soundtracks, i looks like Passengers is inching ever closer to not being a proper U2 album! :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom