Feckin Hilarious acceptance speech from U2!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lazyboy

War Child
The 1st ever Top of The Pop's awards are on the TV just now, and yes, they are extremely shite, and I believe U2 lost out on "Best tour" to KYLIE!(great butt, but does that constitute a great tour? Hmmm...)

But U2 won the best Pop/Rock I think, just caught the acceptance speech, they sent a video, lol, well, TOTP uses "Whole Lotta Love", the Zep classic, as its theme, well, the guitar riff, so Bono was standing there, with the Edge beside him looking reeeeeaally creepy, and Adam and Larry looking emotionless behind them, they were all making the "doo doo doo doo doo" noise and Bono was singing really cool to A Whole Lotta Love, "Top of the pooooooooops, we wanna give you are love" forget his other amazing lyrics, lol, but it was gas! They should be the new Boyz II Men, lol, such harmony!
biggrin.gif

hehe,
will it be broadcasted again ???

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

that's why I want to see it

btw how old is Kylie anyway???

tongue.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Old enough, not too old, who cares?
biggrin.gif
She has short pants........lots of them!! Nelly's pretty cool too, pick her up, put her in yer pocket, thats class........

feckin hilarious speech, Adam and Larry looked static but carried the rhythm section, with Edge looking really strange almost crouched in the bottom left of the screen, Bono his usual charming self

..what a crap show though, aside from a lovely looking J-Lo and glow in the dark Nelly, most of it was dull...were Travis miming??????

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 12-01-2001).]

Thanks lazyboy for describing their acceptance speech, really funny
smile.gif
. I hope somebody turns it into a real video or something, so that I might be able to see it.

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

Originally posted by follower:
Thanks lazyboy for describing their acceptance speech, really funny
smile.gif
. I hope somebody turns it into a real video or something, so that I might be able to see it.

That sounds hilarious! I'd love to see it.

------------------
"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

Beautiful lazyboy, just beautiful. Whole lotta love is such a beloved song of mine . My old fave local band Bourbon Street did THE best lengthy, but not lengthy enough ,version. So I'm glad U2 cooked that one up.Classic
smile.gif
I hope I see the TOTP Awards one day.
Not a kylie fan as such but we admire her...achievements. I heard on the radio a few months ago she is 34.

Happiness is a long walk with a putter.

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 12-02-2001).]

I saw it!!! That has got to be the cutest acceptance speech ever!

"top of the pops, (do-do-do-do do do...)
top of the rocks
we wanna give you love..."
can't remember the rest right now.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-03-2001).]

Most Americans would be surprised to hear Kylie is still in the business...she had a few hits here years ago...and we haven't heard from her since ...

dream wanderer

Originally posted by dream wanderer:
Most Americans would be surprised to hear Kylie is still in the business...she had a few hits here years ago...and we haven't heard from her since ...

dream wanderer

a FEW hits?? the only one i know of was from 1988 or something, "The Locomotion". i have never heard any other song by her.

sounds like a funny speech, lazyboy! thanks for posting it.
smile.gif

That was frieking hilarious!!!!!! Thank you so much Gina for the link.

I was wondering though if on the link they get cut off or something? Cause it looks like they do. Oh well regardless I got see it and had a good laugh.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Back
Top Bottom