Favourite Zooropa Song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discotheque77

The Fly
I think zooropa is one of u2's best albums. I think only AB and HTDAAB are better than zooropa. The song zooropa i think is also one of u2's best.
what do you think?
what are your favourites zooropa tracks?

Zooropa... magic album...

1- Lemon (on my Top 5 U2 songs)
2- Zooropa
3- Babyface
4- Stay
5- Dirty Day
6- The First Time
7- The Wanderer
8- Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crash Car
9- Some Days are Better Than Others
10 - Numb
11- The "Wake up DJ" Siren Alarm

Zooropa definetly has staying power. In fact, I believe it ages like a quality red wine. It seems better and better over time. I have to say that Stay is the masterpiece here. Just as powerful as One and With or Without You. Plus, the video is my favorite one. Lemon and Zooropa are brilliant too.

mmm zooropa...

my favourite tracks:

lemon ('midnight is where the day begins')
zooropa ('uncertainty can be a guiding light')
stay (especially the soundtrack version)

I'll rank the songs in order of preference:

01. Lemon
02. Zooropa
03. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
04. Stay
05. Dirty Day
06. Numb
07. Some Days Are Better Than Others
08. The First Time
09. Babyface
10. The Wanderer (YOU SHOULD HAVE SUNG IT, BONO!)

Zooropa's a great album. I rank it behind HTDAAB, which is high praise seeing as my favourites rank in order of AB/JT/HTDAAB.

Its a great album..Zoorapa, Stay, Lemon, Numb, Wanderer, First Time etc..very solid entertaining stuff; but like Unforgettable Fire there are a few duff tracks that could have been replaced by good songs the band had kicking around at the time..

Anyway, its a veyr underrated album in general I think and an essential part of the early-90s feel of U2.

Lemon is definately my favorite, with Zooropa coming up a close second. Lemon was my favorite U2 song of all until Beautiful Day showed up. Every single time I hear Lemon, during the bridge, I am struck by the shear genius this band is capable of. Lemon has blown my mind like no other song ever.

Lemon is an epic masterpiece. Only Bad belongs to that group, considering U2 songs. Stay and live versions of Dirty Day are just below it. Zooropa is another great one.
The Wanderer is one of the songs which grew on me incredibly. I now rank it in my top 5 Zooropa songs.

1. Lemon
2. Dirty Day
3. Stay
4. Zooropa
5. The Wanderer
6. The First Time
7. Numb
8. Some Days Are Better Than Others
9. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
10.Babyface

There are some dull songs in there(Babyface is BAD), which stops Zooropa for being in my list of U2's really great albums(AB, JT, HTDAAB, POP, UF)

Zooropa is my 3rd favorite U2 album next to AB and JT, Zooropa (the song) is magical, multi parted, irony laden, super tune...........

1. Numb
2. The Wanderer
3. Stay
4. Lemon
5. Some Days Are Better Than Others
6. Dirty Day
7. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
8. The First Time
9. Zooropa
10. Babyface

discotheque77 said:
I think zooropa is one of u2's best albums. I think only AB and HTDAAB are better than zooropa. The song zooropa i think is also one of u2's best.
what do you think?
what are your favourites zooropa tracks?

Zooropa has the worst B side of any U2 album ever so I can't call it one of their best efforts but I do love Lemon and Stay.

Stay is probably my favorite U2 song of all time. Well, maybe not. It's probably my favorite song from the 90's. Could someone be kind enough as to email me the soundtrack version? I've never heard it, but I'll probalby die if it's as good as people say it is.

email me:
lancemc@comcast.net

ok I should tell you mine:

1. Zooropa (by far!!)
2. Lemon
3. Stay
4. Daddy's
5. Dirty day
6. Some days
7. The wanderer
8. Numb
9. Babyface
10. The first time (why this song is on the best of????)

By the way: Don't you think that Beautiful day is such a song that could appear on the zooropa album. It's not so highly produced but it sounds like songs just like 'Some days..' or 'Dirty day'.
I can make a connection...

1) Lemon
2) Babyface
3) Zooropa
4) Dirty Day
5) Numb
6) DGPFYCC
7) Stay
8) The Wanderer
9) SDABTO
10) The First Time

Lemon always does it for me, with that awesome reverb sound and the 'Fat Lady Voice'

not 2 mention a MacPhisto video:wink:

Pretty strong sentiments for "Lemon". I really dislike that song - too Eno-ized and I didn't think it translated well live because of all the Eno sounds...

Someone said "Lemon" is on par with "Bad". To each their own, but that's one of the most amazing favorite tune combos I've ever read. "Bad" is an epic, "Lemon" stays way too even...

Anyway, to the question, I love "Stay", "Zooropa", and "Dirty Days". The opening to "Zooropa" with that sci-fi guitar sound by Edge is brilliant...

Back
Top Bottom