Favourite live and studio collaboration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Over the years, U2 worked with many legends - but what's your favourite duet they did ?

Studio - it used to be Miss Sarajevo for me but now it's this one

YouTube - Leonard Cohen - Tower of song U2 is down to a mere backing band in this legendary songwriter's presence and they smile humbly at the end in his appreciation.

Live - this one

YouTube - Paul McCartney & U2 - Sgt Pepper - Live 8 can't get much bigger than that for a legend to play with you. Notice Bono's "I can't believe I'm up here with him" expression at the start. (followed a little later by that smirk at the side of the stage with the Blackbird snippet)

Bono duets ?

Under my skin with Sinatra. I like how he didn't try to compete with him but did his parts his own way, and that falsetto bit in the middle is great.

I think I'll also have to go for Miss Sarajevo as my favourite studio collaboration.

On the whole though I've never been too taken with the bands on stage collaborations, in theory they sound awesome but in practice they never seem to quite gel for me. But I've always been very fond of that Madison Square Garden performance of I Still Haven't Found with the New Voices Of Freedom during the Joshua Tree tour, it has great atmosphere and Bono proves that he can more than hold his own with the gospel choir.

Studio, Bono and Clannad on In A Lifetime is fantastic. I'm quite fond of When Love Comes To Town, both studio and live on Lovetown. Also live, The Arcade Fire joining U2 to cover Joy Division's Love Will Tear Us Apart was absolutely awesome.

Automatic Baby and that gospel version of I still haven't found were very good too. For Bono solo, I really liked that Stevie Wonder duet too.

When Love Comes To Town is way up there. Bono's voice was sounding amazing for those songs and with BB on that song, together they are amazing.

I also like I Wanna Be Around with Tony Bennett. I just like the laid back sound of the singing in that one.

When Love Comes to Town is one of the most vicious vocal performances on record from the B-man.

B.B. King's not bad, either.

That would be my pick.

Actually, live my pick would be I still haven't found at the Hall of fame with Bruce Springsteen.
I would say Miss Sarajevo for studio but Pavarotti just kills too much vocally.

Studio - Clannad and Bono, "In A Lifetime."

Robbie Robertson with Bono and Edge (I think it was just them, not the whole band) on "Sweet Fire of Love" is a close second.

Live - Bruce Springsteen and U2, "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" at the RRHOF induction.

Bruce Springsteen and U2 on "Stand By Me" on the JT tour is a close second.

For me a combo of Bruce and U2 is heaven on earth.

studio:
Numer 1 - without a doubt: In a Liftime - with Clannad - just beautiful, he had just a great voice these days. I also love his voice pretty much with Sinatra "I got you under my skin". Satellite of Love - Live during ZOOTV was also great with Lou Reed singing on the screens and not to forget the duett with Andrea Corr - just great how deep he sings:

YouTube - Summer Wine - Andrea Corr feat Bono

Back
Top Bottom