Favourite feature of a U2 Tour???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uwwedoogie

Rock n' Roll Doggie
So what is your favourite all time feature from a U2 gig, is it Zoo Confessionals...the Lemon...Bono's SBS speeches...or even dancing with his daughter on stage at Slane...

So whats yours?

I'm tempted to say Bono climbing the scafolding at Red Rocks, or perhaps the giant lemon:wink: , or maybe even that crazy olive straw....but for my money, the most mind blowing thing I've seen, were the Zoo TV televisions all over the stage blinking all sorts of hidden messages.

The energy of the crowd is something unseen at any other live event...thats the best part of it to hear the loud roar of apprciation for our favourite band and to see people really getting into it.

The ad-lib lyrics! Cases in point: Joshua Tree tour, 1987, Denver. During Gloria, Bono accidentally drops his mic and instead of singing "oh lord, loosen my lips" he sings "oh lord, strengthen my grip."

But there are hundreds of examples. The location-specific section in Out of Control where Bono talks about their early experiences in that town. In Denver he talked about playing The Rainbow Music Hall back in '81, for example.

Of course, there's always that moment when they walk on stage and you hear the electronic sizzle and pop of Edge plugging in his guitar.

When the lights/screens behind them turn red. Because that means they're playing Streets. And when that happens, there doesn't seem to be any distance between a fan anywhere in the building and the band. Everybody as one.

That to me is one of the greatest feelings in the world.

The impromptu and spontaneous moments from the eighties.

1) General admission seating chart
it' s fair , and the best tix are the cheapest
works great against Paris Hilton types

2) POP Tv Screen

3) Arena shows , acoustics are good , and you get the audience

Back
Top Bottom