Favourite DVD Bootleg Concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DevilsShoes

War Child
I tend to like the unofficial pro-shots that are circulating out there much more than the official releases.

Maybe it's seeing a performance totally unedited and without the seams being joined that appeals to me. I'm not keen on this splicing together two nights to make up one concert that the band seem to prefer these days. I still think the show ends up appearing a little disjointed.

Anyway my favourite is either Washington 92 or Santiago 98. The former gets criticised for the number of mistakes that occur, but to me band are really gelling as one (its only New Years Day that has any real problems). They all seem to be in good moods and are excited about being there and are determined to put their all into the show. Bono is very energetic and his voice recaptures some of its Lovetown power. Great versions of The Fly, UTEOTW, Bad, Sunday Bloody Sunday, WOWY.

Rewatching the Mexico DVD this week, I really like many moments, but still think Santiago has the edge. Full of emotion and atmosphere. Great set-list, once again the band are clearly really pleased to be there, Bono's voice is on form and the Mothers of The Disapeared rendition really resonates.

Which are your favourites?

:heart: Washington:rockon: D.C. in the rain... then also Stockholm is pretty good, Bono connects with some fans on TV and talks with them during show, and ABBA joins them.

Also I like pro shots from festivals like Loreley 83 or Werchter 82 where they don't play in front of their own audience so they want to put everything to performance.

The proshot bits and pieces from Lovetown - i.e. what we have of 18 November 1989 and bits of TV footage - are amazing.

However, my favourite proshot bootleg is 4 November 1981, Berlin. The crowd seems really uninterested at the start and it seems U2 just gives everything they have to win them over. By the time they do a scintillating 11OTT, it seems to have at least somewhat worked.

LA 1987

Full show ProShot JT show

Great performance, great set, guest appearance by Ali

Santiago and Sao Paolo 1998 are great also

Oh there's so many...hard to pick one.

I like Devore '83 (US Festival). JT Syracuse is also great. Santiago '98 of course and I also like Vertigo Buenos Aires.

Back
Top Bottom