Favourite Bootleg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edurban

War Child
What bootleg do you listen to the most?

I love Dublin RDS arena 28-08-1993 and Sarajevo.

(erhm...I hope we are allowed to talk about this..??!!:confused: )

E.

There's so many favourites, I don't think I could pin it down to just one.

Dortmund 84

Chicago 87

All 4 Point Depot 1989 nights

10th January 1990 Rotterdam: A real contender for my all time favourite, great sound quality, great atmosphere, incredible performances, Bono's vocal's are a career peak.

Washington 92

Santiago 98: The DVD's a must

Twickenham 05: radio broadcast, amazing quality, Bono's voice is fantastic, the renditions have real energy. Plus I listened to it live
:wink:

Lucky you!
I am actually listening to it right now. I remember listening to it on Radio 1 in the car in Ealing (about 2 miles off) and I was so upset beucase I hadn't found the tickets ...awww......

I did recover by going to San Siro (Milan) though, and it was amazing, pity the bootleg I have found of that gig is awful, you can actually hear the people recording arguing in a Neapolitan accent. ehehehe.

I appreciated the effort though..

- 4 November 1981, Berlin: best early bootleg I've heard. Though 6 May 1983, Boston is pretty awesome too.
- 21 March 1985, Chicago: Amazing sound quality recordings of amazing performances. Best UF ever.
- The aforementioned 4 gigs at the Point Depot in December 1989 and 10 January 1990, Rotterdam.

1986-06-15, COH Tour East Rutheford
1987-04-07, JT Tour Paris
1990-10-01, LT Tour Rotterdam
1992-06-11, Zoo TV Stockholm
1992-08-16, Zoo TV Washington D.C.- my all time favourite bootleg
:heart:
All Three Saitama bootlegs from Vertigo Tour

Dec. 4th 2006 Vertigo Japan
Dec. 5th 2000 Irving Plaza (This show says "We're back" like no other!)
June 15th 1992 Rotterdam (This is the most underrated boot from this period)
Nov. 7th 1987 Denver (Mountains & Deserts Remastered)

^ There's a version of that Irving Plaza gig mixed to 5.1 that I have. I have the data files (FLAC) but I don't have the equipment to play it yet, so there they are just waiting for me.

Anyway, my alltime favorite, no question (and also my first bootleg) is 1989-12-30 Dublin. I love others of course, but that one will always be king for me.

My top 5 are:

11-27-93-Sydney (I still listen to this even though I have the DVD rip)

12-31-1989-Point Depot

5-10-01-Indianapolis

8-16-92-Washington D.C.

5-09/10-05-Chicago (Listened to these 2 a ton until I got the Chicago rip)

So I've had this idea recently that Interference should do a boot of the week. Sort of like a book club. People suggest really good ones, we listen to them and have a thread going that week to discuss the show/compare song versions/appreciate it. Would anyone else be into this?

Varitek said:
So I've had this idea recently that Interference should do a boot of the week. Sort of like a book club. People suggest really good ones, we listen to them and have a thread going that week to discuss the show/compare song versions/appreciate it. Would anyone else be into this?

Yeah I like that idea and I'd definitely contribute, but it's whether anybody else would be up for it as well though.

AndrewCowley said:
January 10th 1990, Rotterdam. It is so damn good I find it hard to listen to since a lot of other shows pale into insigificance in comparison.

I am dl'ing this right now, I started before I read this, and now I'm even more psyched to hear it!

If people want to do a "bootleg of the week club" reply and we'll get it going on, say, Sunday?

Varitek said:

I'm in!

Varitek said:

I am dl'ing this right now, I started before I read this, and now I'm even more psyched to hear it!

If people want to do a "bootleg of the week club" reply and we'll get it going on, say, Sunday?

Me too, shall we start with this one?

I am sure if we put out a thread it will grow in popularity week by week. there's nothing better than U2 live!

Back
Top Bottom