Favorite U2 Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i must admit i was soo embarrassed when Discotheque came out, ( i like the clip ) but as i was the only u2 fan i got heaped on soo bad at school because they looked like the Village people... BOOM CHA !
:reject:

Discotheque is fun...but ridiculously out there, although I do love the intro of the disco ball in space and then going inside it.

powerhour24 said:
Discotheque is fun...but ridiculously out there, although I do love the intro of the disco ball in space and then going inside it.

I always liked that bit. Also in interviews, they often started outside the lemon and invited the interviewer inside, next thing we'd be inside some luxurious hotel room with peacocks wandering around. I always liked to imagine this is how it was in the Lemon:)
The world would have taken to discotheque and its video a lot more if it had been the second single off Pop, mofo, should have been the first.

Yes you're right about that Gav around the time of Popmart, Chris Evans did a U2 special for TFI Friday called A Grand Madness, it was great, Chris kept wanting to go into the Lemon but Larry wouldn't let him. The interview itself was pretty funny and I had it on tape for some time but stupidly recorded over it :banghead: this was before I was a huge fan. Evans questions were pretty silly, Whats Your favourite colour, What other band names begin with the letter U, but at the end when he was leaving, Bono gave him a goldfish in a plastic bag as a gift, and said if he was any kind of a man he'd find away to get it home in tact to which Evans replied I'll get my second hand man Will, who Bono loved, to swallow it. It'd be great it someone could get this on Youtube because I'd love to see it again.

An Cat Gav said:

The world would have taken to discotheque and its video a lot more if it had been the second single off Pop, mofo, should have been the first.

I completely agree. I think many wrote Pop off due to Discotheque, especially the video. Hell I almost did.

Mofo as a lead off single would have done wonders for that album.

DevilsShoes said:
Yes you're right about that Gav around the time of Popmart, Chris Evans did a U2 special for TFI Friday called A Grand Madness, it was great, Chris kept wanting to go into the Lemon but Larry wouldn't let him. The interview itself was pretty funny and I had it on tape for some time but stupidly recorded over it :banghead: this was before I was a huge fan. Evans questions were pretty silly, Whats Your favourite colour, What other band names begin with the letter U, but at the end when he was leaving, Bono gave him a goldfish in a plastic bag as a gift, and said if he was any kind of a man he'd find away to get it home in tact to which Evans replied I'll get my second hand man Will, who Bono loved, to swallow it. It'd be great it someone could get this on Youtube because I'd love to see it again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkeCtkzaYyY

Well I don't think Mofo would have benefited Pop by coming off first, it would have had to be one of the more "normal" songs ala Staring at the Sun or If God Would Send His Angels, who knows, they really should do a rerelease I think.

I don't remember ever seeing the EBTTRT video, checked it out on the 1990-2000 DVD...:drool:

Until The End Of The World
Staring At The Sun
Spanish Eyes
The Unforgettable Fire
Love Is Blindness - (Probably the best U2 video ever)

I'm really not a big fan of the Please video, it's not terrible but sometimes is just too literal.

and Last Night on Earth has to be one of their weirdest, it looked like a 70's B-movie, and seemed to be like Last Man on Earth (being remade this year a I Am Legend).

Best U2 video is definitily Pride, the version with the two boys copying Bono's movements on the stage, excellent! Very nice coloring also!

Second fav is the Lemon video, with the blue uniforms

Third Sunday Bloody Sunday: the Red Rocks concert captures U2 at its most 'U2-ish': this is the way U2 had to be back then and sometimes we can see a little bit of that passion and energy back in current shows

Sweetest thing
One/bar version
I still haven't found what I'm looking For/Vegas Bono looks 3 sheets to the wind and he looks so sexy with his messy pony tail

Well, I already replied with "Even Better Than The Real Thing"...but I gotta say, I was watching the U218 Videos DVD last night, and watching "Elevation"...man. There are just so many things I love about that video. The phone call in the beginning is is hysterically cheesy to me, even if it's not meant to be. Edge being spliced in with the movie footage is a riot. I love the scene with the car exploding behind Bono during the "Love, lift me up..." line. I love the battle between Evil U2 & Good U2...especially when Edge falls on his butt. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom