Favorite U2 Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
even better than the real thing, one of the first u2 vids i remember seeing and feeling very sick after watching it ! but it kicks arse,

mysterious ways :drool:

stay is awesome
and sweetest thing cracks me up
butmy fave atm ohhh baby ...:drool: electrical storm :drool: larry all wet in the bath...............

Until the End of the World:drool: , very dark and haunting video and maybe a little bit scary which is not usual in their videos, that's what I like about it

jen races to youtube.... finds Until the End of the World clip ,
hey u2lunatic, you are right there, very trippy clip, lots of kinda weird erotic symbolism in it ... edge in gladwrap interesting.... one of my fave songs ...

I've always liked Last Night On Earth actually, although I have no clue what's going on, it really intrigues me. The band look so cool just driving the highway in that car, then they pick up the lovely Sophie Dahl, who Bono does his best to ignore, then they enter a very strange scene with a large man screaming with gunk all over his hands. After looking around some kind of ghost town, Edge performs a Starsky and Hutch type stunt with the car which the band all pile in again only to be greeted by William Burroughs holding a spotlight at the end of some road block who takes off his glasses and (from what I can recall) has no eyes.
:shrug:

For some reason my first thought is the One bar version. The simplicity of it is beautiful and it still stands up many years later. It's like something you should watch repeatedly if you're really stressed out.

In no particular order:

Even Better Than The Real Thing - Love the spinning Camera
Numb - the look on Edge's face with the feet makes me laugh every time
Lemon - the captions at the bottom kick ass
Stay...Faraway, So Close - love Bono hitting the ground at the end
Discotheque - I'm surprised this one hasn't been mentioned more...
Please - simple and moving,

DevilsShoes said:
I've always liked Last Night On Earth actually, although I have no clue what's going on, it really intrigues me. The band look so cool just driving the highway in that car, then they pick up the lovely Sophie Dahl, who Bono does his best to ignore, then they enter a very strange scene with a large man screaming with gunk all over his hands. After looking around some kind of ghost town, Edge performs a Starsky and Hutch type stunt with the car which the band all pile in again only to be greeted by William Burroughs holding a spotlight at the end of some road block who takes off his glasses and (from what I can recall) has no eyes.
:shrug:

same as, gotta love adam staring at the girl :adam: = :| :lol:

Window in the Skies, by a country mile.

For me, it's a tie between Stay and Streets for second place. Stay is so artsy and the early-morning vibe goes so well with the feel of the song. Streets has that urgent rebellious energy that great rock anthems need. Plus, bonus points for all the police drama and sirens.

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

No one ever likes this video but me. For some reason though I really like the whole spontaneous feel to it. Plus it's just a damn good song.

I think it's just hilarious and cool at the same time. All of them just walking down Freemont Street. Bono being weird as always, kissing random girls and doing Flamenco and the Twist. Rolling around on the hood of a car. Singing in Edge's face while he basically ignores him, then as Bono finally turns away to sing to the camera Edge looks at Bono.

Adam with alcohol in one hand and a cig in his mouth cracking up at having to sing the chorus too, then just walking away, probably to go party.

And shots of Larry singing, FTW. :wink:

catlhere said:
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

No one ever likes this video but me. For some reason though I really like the whole spontaneous feel to it. Plus it's just a damn good song.

I think it's just hilarious and cool at the same time. All of them just walking down Freemont Street. Bono being weird as always, kissing random girls and doing Flamenco and the Twist. Rolling around on the hood of a car. Singing in Edge's face while he basically ignores him, then as Bono finally turns away to sing to the camera Edge looks at Bono.

Adam with alcohol in one hand and a cig in his mouth cracking up at having to sing the chorus too, then just walking away, probably to go party.

And shots of Larry singing, FTW. :wink:

:up:

I have fond memories of being young watching this video on the TV for the first time and the part at the beginning of the video when it goes from black and White to color and going "wow!". Always love that part...

LemonMacPhisto said:
Even Better Than the Real Thing?

Anyone remember that kickass video?

I think that's my pick. That's the first U2 vid I remember seeing when I was a kid, I wasn't a fan yet...but that video had me in awe.

Both Window in the Skies videos are amazing, I also really like the European Stuck in a Moment.

cdisantis83 said:
Zooropa produced an incredible collection of videos. Numb, Stay, and Lemon are all excellent, and I think that Numb remains my favorite of all that they have made.

I totally agree! Zooropa had the best videos and Numb is probably my favorite too, although Stay, Lemon and EBTTRT are all very close!

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

..Of course, I do live in Las Vegas.
Even Better than the Previous Long Song Title too, without any bias.

HMTMKMKM, ISHFWIML, EBTTRT were all great.

But the video for Streets introduced me to U2, so it'll always be my favorite

Back
Top Bottom