Favorite U2 guitar riff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best U2 guitar "riffs"

• The Fly

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Until the End of the World

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Like a Song

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bullet the Blue Sky

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Elevation

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Pride

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Streets

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Even Better Than The Real Thing

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Wire

• Beautiful Day

• Desire

• Numb

• MOFO

• God Part 2

• All I Want is You

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Kite

• Out of Control

• Walk On

• Acrobat

• Ultraviolet

Votes: 5 5.9%

• Total voters
I can't pick just one, but I choose SBS.

BTW, welcome to the forum, One Tree Still. I like your username. :)

I always thought it was Real Thing but just now when I read the title of the thread, without actually seeing the options, The Fly riff started right up in my head so I gotta go with that. Today, anyway. :)

Gotta go with one of the classics here...Where The Streets Have No Name.

What about Love is Blindness?? I think that is the most haunting and beautiful guitar song of U2's, imo. I also like Please and Running to Stand Still (ok, so it's not exactly a "riff"...but at the part where Bono is singing "ooh, ooh", the guitar is so gentle and sad).:edge:

Always said:
What about Love is Blindness?? I think that is the most haunting and beautiful guitar song of U2's, imo. I also like Please and Running to Stand Still (ok, so it's not exactly a "riff"...but at the part where Bono is singing "ooh, ooh", the guitar is so gentle and sad).:edge:

Hey, is your name in reference to the song by any chance, Always?

Always said:
What about Love is Blindness?? I think that is the most haunting and beautiful guitar song of U2's, imo.

This was going to be my second choice but it wasn't there either. Yes, it sounds as if it is a mournful funeral song at the end.. what a gorgeous ending guitar riff

the thing about All I want is You is that the guitar is real quiet then.....BAM!....i think it is one of the best guitar riffs they have ever done.

My gut reaction was "Bullet the Blue Sky," but once I saw all the choices listed and remembered all those other great guitar riffs I almost wanted to change my vote. All hail, Edge the guitar god!

Could have been a very tough choice between several (Pride, UTEOTW, AIWIY, The Fly, etc) without Streets, but when you come down to it, Streets is the only choice for me. Chills...

wertsie said:

Cool! Thought so! You rock! hehe...In case you didn't know, it's my second-favorite song of all-time, U2 or otherwise.

You rock, too! I love that song to no end, and I actually understand the lyrics, lol. A lot of people either get annoyed by it, or think it's all a bunch of gibberish. hehe, oh well. :cool:

Yep, I know what you mean, Always. Did you see the "Beautiful Day vs. Always" poll? I totally understand the lyrics. I think the different phrases connect really well...It's like little streams of consciousness, like the way that I think...One thought bleeds into the next!

Back
Top Bottom