Favorite Song or Songs for Driving your car.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickFly

Refugee
What are your favorite u2 songs to listen to while driving your car? i have been thinking about this since my fiance and i were in a bad accident and my car was totaled.

here are mine:
heartland
3 sunrises
the fly
where the streets have no name

Right now it's Achtung Baby, especially Ultraviolet and UTEOTW. If it's a road trip or long drive I like stuff like Heartland, Red Hill Mining Town, One, Elvis Presley and America, ASOH. Heartland is my perfect road trip song. :wink:

1) A Sort of Homecoming
2) Hawkmoon 269
3) Where the Streets Have No Name
4) Beautiful Day
5) Seconds

Anytime I go on a long car trip, I listen to nothing but U2 cds. I don't know why, or how I got started on this, but it has become a tradition for me now, so really, any song will do, but these are my favorites.

"Always"
"Elevation"
"Electrical Storm"
"A Celebration"
"Even Better Than The Real Thing"

Those are the first that came into my head.

Where The Streets Have No Name is like THE greatest U2 driving song for some reason. Another fave of mine is Lady With The Spinning Head. Also, if I'm driving alone at night, I love Your Blue Room or Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses.

Sadly :( the car I drive now has no CD/cassette and the FM radio doesn't work. So I am without U2 while driving at the moment.

The car I drove before had a working FM radio, so I was at the mercy of what the stations played ... mostly Beautiful Day and Walk On, since it was around the time of ATYCLB.

But if I could choose, I'd have to say the longer songs - Streets, Hawkmoon 269, Bad. There's nothing worse than a short U2 song on a long drive, and especially nothing worse than radio stations cut off the end of a U2 song - like they did with Elevation this morning :scream:

IMO "In God's Country" is the best U2 driving song. "Streets" is great, "Trip Through Your Wires" ... basically the whole Joshua Tree album is great to drive to. lol. I know when I go to California in October for the fan fest I'll have the Joshua Tree along for the ride.

I also love "Mofo", "Do You Feel Loved", "Pride" and "Zoostation".

:wave:

As I was driving to school earlier this week, the sun was in my eyes and I could barely see. Then in my playlist, "Staring at the Sun" comes on, I swore that my MP3 player was mocking me...

:wink: Definaely...>R&h and JT makes gr-8 road trip music..it's like I am traveling with them thru the USA as they sing! Cool!! And, since I had to take an 8 hrs. bus to Las Vegas to see opening night of *POP*-that was a good one to listen to all the way! And, then to San Diego, Arizona..hee..lol! but in a car? Definetly...Desire!! And, I too hate it when they cut off the end of the song...:madspit:

When I'm driving home from work I'm going eastbound. After working a busy nightshift there is nothing that makes my drive better than listerning to Mysterious Ways, Beautiful Day and Discotheque.

Edgette said:
IMO "In God's Country" is the best U2 driving song. "

I couldnt agree more, well IMO its their best song, but yes, it is a great song to drive too. I do a lot of driving, at least 400ks a week and U2 make up a fair bulk of my listening material. I recently made up a compilation cd that featured songs of theirs that I like to drive to. Off the top of my head these included,

Zoo station
electrical storm
mysterious ways (solar plexus mix)
pride (rattle)
In gods country (rattle)
surrender
HMTMKMKM
the three sunrises
rejoice

personally I think both Achtung Baby and Zooropa are great driving cds and a while back I used to play a remix version of salome in my car, whenever I was going out for a night out- its a great song to get you in the mood for drinking/partying:wink:

Favorite U2 songs while driving:
Numb
Last nite on earth
Mofo
lemon
staring at the sun
New York

The entire Boy album
non u2 music in the car...anything but the radio, I can't stand the radio.

I only get to pick 2?!?!? Well, being the rule-breakin' rebel that I am, :lol: here's my top picks for keeping it between the lines for the long haul:

Heartland
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
BAD
The Unforgettable Fire

ylime said it best, though: I only listen to U2 on long road trips, and any song really will do.

Back
Top Bottom