Favorite song from ZOOROPA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is you favorite song from ZOOROPA?

• Zooropa

Votes: 31 18.1%
  • Babyface

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Numb

• Lemon

Votes: 33 19.3%
  • Stay (Faraway, So Close)

Votes: 64 37.4%
  • Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crash Car

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Some Days Are Better Than Others

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • The First Time

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Dirty Day

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • The Wanderer

• Total voters

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
My favorite song from ZOOROPA is Stay(Faraway, So Close). It was my favorite the first time I listened to the album back on the first day of release in July 1993 and still is today. Great song and definitely a classic. Whats you favorite from the album?

My vote goes with Numb...
U2 have written a lot of great ballads (and stay is surely among them) and surely will, but i've got the feeling we won't hear nothing similar to Numb from our heroes...other than being the most (IMO)unconventional song ever written by U2 i think is something unrepeatable: a unique gem we were gifted of.

Dirty Day w/o a doubt

I dunno how Stay is winning :scratch:

I really don't like Zooropa :slant:

babyfacestayfirsttimedirtyday......it's all one song isn't it?
it's like choosing a favourite child, impossible
just the bang and the clatter :heart:

Dirty Day.

For me, a difficult choice over Numb (what a concept). But Dirty Day is so dark and creepy ("I'm in you/More so when they put me in the ground." Whoa.) The vibe of the song sums up the whole album.

Wow...this one is almost as hard as the Achtung Baby poll...

I eventually chose Stay because I always get a kick out of it, no matter what my Interpretation of the Day is.

You don't smoke, don't even want to...

Dressed up like a car crash
The wheels are turning but you're upside-down
Has anyone else ever been dressed up like a car crash??? I spent a whole YEAR dressed up like a car crash!!!

You used to stay in to watch the adverts
You could lip-synch to the talk show hosts

A vampire or a victim
It depends on who's around

I LOVE IT!

They played it live during the last leg of ZooTV (Australia and Japan), so get the Sydney video already. :)

Though I love 'Crashed Car' and 'Zooropa' (they're up there with the band's most brilliant work ever), I had to go with, perhaps, the most beautiful ballad U2 have ever written (I don't really consider 'One' or 'With or Without You' ballads), which of course is 'Stay'.

I adore the lyrical ambiguity of 'Stay' - how they cleverly seem so obvious when in fact there is a real dark undercurrent to them. Most people interpret the last lines to mean the "bang and the clatter" of the Angel (the narrator) "hitting the ground," when they could just as easily mean the bang and the clatter of the woman (the physical abuse of the "vampire" as the "victim") being portrayed throughout the song. The last lines send a chill up my spine for all the wrong reasons...

Three o'clock in the morning
It's quiet and there's no one around
Just the bang and the clatter
As an angel runs to ground

Just the bang
And the clatter
As an angel
Hits the ground

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom