favorite snippet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
europop2005 said:
i mean which part of the fly he sang

In Pontiac (Detroit) he basically did a rough version of a few of the verses. I think he ended it with "I've gotta go, I'm running out of change theres alot of things if I could I rearrange". I dont think he even got all the lyrics right. Something that sounded similiar to that though. The only reason he did it at the Detroit show was a fan threw some fly shades onto the ramp and he put them on and did the verses. So it was a complete impromptu thing that was not planned.

Last edited:
I've heard the version from Tampa - he just ran through a couple of verses towards the end of Discotheque.

Another quality snippet is The First Time during Bad from Chicago 9-21 i think. He just about gets through the whole song.

Last edited:
I know it doesn't really qualify as a snippet but I love when Bono repeats "My baby is having a baby" before Mysterious Ways at the Irving Plaza show. I think it's very sweet of him to mention Ali in this way.

dazzlingamy said:

and even though its not a snippet but is the BEST snippet ever

'you walk out into the sports hall
lights go down
its a whole different scene
light and motion light and motion...etc
:drool: :drool:

:drool:

Stories for boys
Blackbird :reject:

candle in the wind followed by that van morrison song snippet "the world is so cold, it don't care nothing about your soul" or something like that.

i think i mentioned this in the thread about Bad.

david said:
candle in the wind followed by that van morrison song snippet "the world is so cold, it don't care nothing about your soul" or something like that.
Candle In The Wind. Yeah man! Especially the "angry" version at the end of the Self Aid version of Bad. A lot of emotion right there from Bono. Download the video if you haven't seen it. The look on his face, in his eyes. Wow.

david said:
that van morrison song snippet "the world is so cold, it don't care nothing about your soul" or something like that.

That's Irish Heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom