favorite rare/unreleased

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickFly

Refugee
what are everyones favorite unreleased or rare u2 tracks.

some of mine unclude:
where did it all go wrong
xanax and wine
she's a mystery to me
big girls are best
2 shots of happy one shot of sad

Wake Up Dead Man (Mix Version), Mercy, Xanax, Levitate, Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

I feel Free

There is a very long outtake from Achtung that I have, similar to the music of UTEOTW, that is my favorite. I believe it's title is "I feel Free".

Mercy is right up there, with Smile and Xanax.

Smile... I think, Heaven And Hell is great too

of early stuff:
Street Mission
Jack In The Box :D

Love You Like Mad is stuck in my head right now. And I always go back to She's Gonna Blow Your House Down from AB. I love the T.Rex riff.

theyhype said:
where did you get that

It's from the R&H Outtakes beach sessions. It has Bono and The Edge working on guitar for She's Gonna Blow Your House Down and We Almost Made It This Time.

I'm actually looking for someone to cut the latter into mp3. It's a great song. Or, I should say, it would have been a great song.

So many...!!!! These isn't gonna' be in order, for the record...

"Smile"
"Mercy"
"Heaven and Hell"
"She's Gonna' Blow Your House Down"--any of the skat-lyric versions
"Wake Up, Dead Man"--from the "Salome" tapes, as well
"Street Mission"
"Be There"
"Wild Irish Rose"

And...

"Sweet Baby Jane"--I know that this song is often seen as sinfully bad (or it usually is in much that I read), I really love it. I won't ramble on or anything, but I love the melody, I love the hook, and I love some of the sentiments in the lyrics. It is a failure, yes...but a fascinating train wreck to watch. Sometimes the songs that don't really work are a lot more interesting than the ones that do, and I think that "Sweet Baby Jane" is a great example.

God...there are still SOOOOOOOOOO many more...!!!! I guess that that'll be enough for now, though. I really dig on a great deal of these kinds of songs.

Where Did It All Go Wrong (even though it had been released as a b-side before but everybody is naming it and I love it so....)
Xanax And Wine
Heaven And Hell

The Fool, Street Mission, Be There, My Time Hasn't Come, Take You Down, Smile.

Slow Dancing.

In the midst of the electronic/experimental beauty that was Zooropa, U2 strip everything down for this acoustic masterpiece.

B-sides don't get any better.

:applaud: Heaven and Hell, Mercy, She´s gonna blow..., Xanax and Wine, SYCMIOYO(alternate), Flower Child and if we talk about b-sides North and South of the River, Slow Dancing, and the most amazing b-side ever: LAdy With The Spinning Head :applaud:

She's Gonna Blow Your House Down
Morning Child
Heaven and Hell
the Melbourne soundcheck songs

-Heaven and Hell
-The Fool
-Alone in the Light
-The Dream is Over
-Even Better than the Real Thing (instrumental Demo- Salomé Sessions, etc...)
-Street Mission
-Be There
-Cartoon World (Live in Dublin Feb. 1980)
-Life on a Distant Planet/Magic Carpet
-Untitled Instrumental (Salomé Sessions Disc Three, Track Six/Seven, dunno...I THINK it's untitled anyway)
-Holy Joe
-Wake Up Dead Man (1990 Salomé Sessions version) or any of those 'Gonna Blow Your House Down' tracks...!
-Acrobat (Salomé Sessions)
-Things to Make and Do (Live in Boston 1981- IS unreleased officially, so I'd like to think it counts. See bootleg; Another Time, Another Place. Great soundboard)

I've realised the length of the list, and there's NOTHING as far as I know from the October and Unforgettable Fire days! As they are my two favourite U2 albums (below Achtung Baby, possibly) I'd love to know if any demos, outtakes, etc. exist in the 'public domain' that I SHOULD no about...?!

smile, mercy, xanax, north and south of the river (this is a crime to not have on an album), the fool, spanish eyes,

thats all i can think of now!

At the moment, I honestly don't think much of 'North and South of the River'...

-The Fool
-Alone in the Light
-Life on a Distant Planet

and the poem!!

-Driving to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve! (I think that's it .. been awhile). Love the New Years day slow piano in the background.

Back
Top Bottom