Favorite parts of Rattle and Hum are..name a couple, mine are-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
Heartland song.
Simply beautiful and watching the fellas be fellas.

Pre -Bad when Larry is taliking about Elvis' back-ard' and car-salemen, and the performance of Bad.

And -All Along The WatchTower performance when Bono is pretending to be reeeeally concerned about the yuppies in downtown SF.
Really its a bitchslap back into reality.
Powerful.

Out-
diamond
tongue.gif

What say you?

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

[This message has been edited by diamond (edited 05-06-2002).]

the juxtaposition of Heartland, Bad and Streets - the explosion of colour just amazing

backstage before B L came to T - esp Bono and Larry - I cannot believe how quickly Adam gets a cigarette or who gives it to him!

All Along the Watchtower - Larry beating his hands on the table and looking out of the window in the van

Desire !!!! Love it

MLK

and so many more - I think I could watch it on loop !

Pamela

"Rock and Roll gives people a chance to not grow up" - Bono

Exit.......it's like whoaaaaaaaa!
eek.gif

Start of streets

And the bit where Larry is taking the piss outta Adam, and basically the interviews, yer man seems so pissed off with them
biggrin.gif

Mauhauah Sunday Bloody Sunday is the best. Love the power and emotion driving that performance.
Bono talking to B.B. is amusing too. That part where they are talking about chords and how B.B.'s "no good with them" and Bono says Edge'll take care of it and sort of walks off camera muttering between chuckles (something like) "There're not much chords in this song(*snort*
wink.gif
), I think there's only two"

*The performance of In God's Country!

*Heartland--especially with Larry on Elvis's Harley and the butt shot at the eternal flame
wink.gif

*Desire

*Adam getting a flusterd in the beginning

*"It's a musical journey!"

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

ooh SO many great moments!!

- edgie sliding down the hill during "heartland"

- larry just before "still haven't found" when he says "i got me very own conga" (or something like that...)

- adam *digging* the gospel version of "still haven't found"- just clapping away
smile.gif

- bono meeting with BB King- he seems so humbled by that

- and finally, who could forget the EXTRA VERSE of "With or Without You"- the performance of that song is just amazing in R&H *sigh*

~"There are people who say you shouldn't mix music and politics. I think that's bullshit." - Adam

~Bono flirting with the museum chick so that Larry can get a pic on Elvis' Harley

~During Streets when the lights go up and they show an aerial shot of the stadium

Q: What's this film about?
A: It's a musical journey!
biggrin.gif
LOL

~"Fuck the revolution!" - Bono

~Extra verse in WOWY (Of course!)

Yeah alot of thses are honorable mention.
Like-
Exit

When BB is telling Bono -
"Man you write some heavy lyrics for such a young man' and watching Bono bask in the moment.

The ending of WOWY w/the lights and extra verse and "stars in the summer night"..
smile.gif

And the rant in SBS -'old age pentioners getting gunned down WHERES THE GLORY IN THAT!!?"

and the rant in BTBS -"Hill Street Blues and The Old Time Gospel Hour, STEALING money from old and the sick."

And yes Ms Lemon, Larry has a cute ass..
wink.gif

out-
DB9

[This message has been edited by diamond (edited 05-06-2002).]

Towards the end of "Bad" where Bono, right before he leaves the stage, hugs Adam. Something very personal about that moment.

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

I just got the DVD this past Sat. I love Running To Stand Still with Edge playing piano on it, which you can hear a lot more than on the studio album. I also think Exit was so good on that tour with the lights flashing around. I hope they play that again someday.

Funny you should ask, although it may have been asked before. I have had a bad week, computerwise, but it lead to a clean up of all the papers that surround my desk. My goodness, what a load of crap...and a few gems LMAO.
One piece of paper says
Phil J "I knew this would never work"
McNicholls denver Colorado
The performance of Exit and pride
Adam"that's close".
At the moment I can't recall what
allthat refers to, but I presume a response to a similar topic...now I'm going to have to watch it again....aww shucks
biggrin.gif

Thanks

Gosh, there are a lot! They are:

Angel of Harlem - Larry & Edge teasing each other
Exit - esp. the first part, which rocks!

R&H for me, also has the BEST versions of the ff. songs:

WOWY - Bono's voice is unbelievably deep and sexy, plus this was the first time I heard the "...shine like stars" verse. And who can forget that part where the camera is on Edge and Larry so into their instrument?
wink.gif

Sunday Bloody Sunday - The intensity, IMO has never been matched by any version.
wink.gif

Pride - This seemed like a pre-Elevation moment of that show (bare stage, audience jumping up and down the arena). It was just all about the music!

[This message has been edited by dizzy (edited 05-06-2002).]

F*CK THE REVOLUTION..... Sunday Bloody Sunday

------------------
Gravity Pushes Me Down:U2 Lifts Me Up

Obviously, the entire Graceland part. (When I was there, in front of the eternal flame and all that, I thought about Larry's ass!
redface.gif
)

Others:
*WOWY, my favorite version of that song to this day (and the one I want at my wedding)

*Edge's reaction to the "different timing as usual", lol

*Bono's rant in SBS

*"It's a musical journey!"

Oh geez, there are tons more but I guess I'd have to watch it again then come back. hehe
wink.gif

------------------
Bend me, break me
Anyway you need me
All I want is you

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Obviously, the entire Graceland part. (When I was there, in front of the eternal flame and all that, I thought about Larry's ass!
redface.gif
)

Elvis musta been so pleased.

wink.gif

mine, in addition to some good ones mentioned:

~Larry making fun of Adam speaking with his hands when talking with Phil

~"my very own congas"

~Larry talking about graceland and what it means to him

~Bono wooing the museum lady

~ISHFWILF w/ the New Voices of Freedom. they are all so happy.

------------------
~I want to drink from the hand of your daughter~
Bono Oakland Elevation

*U2TakeMeHigher*

Originally posted by dizzy:
Wasn't that Bono???

I just watched it last week--it was Larry telling Adam as Theedge555 says...or I am completely crazy, always a possibility.

LMAO at us not knowing, it was def Larry boy............cause his mouth moves outta sync with the voice bein heard......

oh fuk, actually u lot have me now...maybe it was Bono and Larry just says about Edges coming in a different timing?

OH FUK IT!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

*goes home to watch and come back tomorrow with top 10 fav moms*

wink.gif

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 05-07-2002).]

Well seems like most of mine have been mentioned, but then again every part with Bono looking hot (which is all of it!) is my favorite!

Oh but it was BONO who said "not the first verse...." go watch it. I betcha!

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

[This message has been edited by GypsyHeartgirl (edited 05-07-2002).]

I just want to give Larry hug everytime I see that part, where he's talking about Elvis being burried in the back yard!

------------------
Looking for the one
But you know you're
somewhere else instead..
I want to be the song
Be the song that you hear in your head .....

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I think the best part is during Pride. When the lights go up and you can see the whole arena, and the audience drowns out Bono.

------------------
"Yep...Silver and Gold!!!" - Bono

We'll Shine Like Stars In The Summer Nights...

FUCK THE REVOLUTION!!!

(Oh, and the part where they're in the church with the gospel choir doing "ISHFWILF.")

------------------
Well, the God I believe in isn't short on cash, mister. --Bono

But a day will come
In this dawning age
When an honest man
Sees an honest wage.
--The Edge

10-Q
for all your contributions, ppl thus far.
Chris and John-
Where is your input?
Hmm.?

diamond

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

-If I had a head like your's I'd bleedin bury it...
-It's a musical journey...

------------------
It's like lotto - you gotta be in it to win it.

Keepin it krunk...

Back
Top Bottom