Favorite opening NOTE to a song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Streets...live...those first haunting notes...knowing what's coming and the excitement of the guitar really kicking in...

*stands up*

------------------
The Macphisto Society
Being Bad Never Looked So Good

We know you like your Marylanders to be exciting...

Has anyone stopped to consider the irony of shopping for MacPhisto shoes at the Salvation Army...

Streets
New Years Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (studio version).

Beautiful Day without a doubt
smile.gif

And Elevation

Those two always give me shivers and make me grin like a freak
biggrin.gif

------------------
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Playboy Mansion
Gone
If God Will Send His Angels
Staring at the Sun
In a Little While
Peace On Earth
New York
Grace
Exit
Mysterious Ways
Scarlet
One
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?
Elevation
Beautiful Day
Lemon
Zooropa
Dirty Day
Seconds
This list is superfluous.

Has to be the opening drumbeat of Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Close seconds: Streets, Pride, UTEOTW.

Opening *bar*: One, An Cat Dubh, I Will Follow.

When I Look At The World - the beginning is the best
and Elevation influx mix

------------------
"Everyone loves me
everyone thinks I'm georgeous
they wait for their turn to meet me..." - Me, 2001.

Has to be GONE.....

I remember the first time i heard that song was in FEBRUARY 2000, when my bro came down to stay with us for a week. It wa the first time I'd listened to POP, and so far I really like DISCOTHEQUE, MOFO, SATS and LNOE........but the first couple of seconds of Gone made me stop working, and just sit there listening. It was amazing, and at the time my favourite song by U2. Still is! But now, THE GROUND BENEATH HER FEET is tied with it for top spot.

Anyway, the other song that gets me sitting up is ULTRAVIOLET, LOVELY beginning.

Bless ya!
WHYWHY.

Streets and UTEOTW

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

MYSTERIOUS WAYS...it JUMPS out after The Fly fades away. Followed by the Elevation Influx remix.

Turn 'em up to 11.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 04-13-2002).]

There are a lot of runners up here...New Year's Day grabs you, SBS is pure power, Streets is intstant chills, MW gets me dancing with the first note but...I'm giving it to Pride. Something about that guitar intro that is soooooooo sheer Edge makes me wanna scream out and climb Mt. Everest before Bono has even opened his mouth. Wow!
smile.gif

Cheryl

------------------
You don't have to be Henry Kissenger to figure out that a more prosperous world is a more secure world; a more educated world is a more tolerant world; and a more healthy world is a more stable world, and I think that would be a fitting memorial to those who lost their lives on Sept. 11th. ~Bono on Leno, Thanksgiving 2001

I like an E

------------------
In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams (The Restaurant at the End of the Universe)

One day before Popmart Mexico first show, I was about 2 miles from the venue they were going to play, I was going out of a bank when I heard the bass line that starts Gone, of course, I was very hyped about the show next day, so my first thinking was I was going nuts listening U2 music that was only in my head, but no, it was real, it was the rehersal, to make a long story short, I droped work and went to the venue, it was a brand new stadium and a construction company was still working, I bribed some people, and I was able to get into the place, pretending I was a worker, so I was able to watch and listen more than 4 hours of U2 rehearsing, some times the techs, some times the boys, never ending versions of HMTMKMKM and mofo...well, for those reasons, every time I listen that bass line in Gone, it brings me chills, they bring back intense memories.

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

Lemon, Kite, Beautiful Day, The Fly, Mysterious Ways..

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Mofo. You can't beat it.

Hawkmoon 269 is cool, when the guitar comes in after the organ bit (or whatever) at the beggining. Makes my heart skip.

In a Little wHIle is nice.

------------------
Watch More TV, ITs your world you can change it, taste is the enemy of art, Every thing you know if wrong, mock the devil, and he will flee from thee
www.geocities.com/nshaikspike/evil.html

Definitely Beautiful Day, and also The Fly... those are two out of how many? I've got a lot of favorites
biggrin.gif

------------------
-- Sara
the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind

Originally posted by rafmed:
One day before Popmart Mexico first show, I was about 2 miles from the venue they were going to play, I was going out of a bank when I heard the bass line that starts Gone, of course, I was very hyped about the show next day, so my first thinking was I was going nuts listening U2 music that was only in my head, but no, it was real, it was the rehersal, to make a long story short, I droped work and went to the venue, it was a brand new stadium and a construction company was still working, I bribed some people, and I was able to get into the place, pretending I was a worker, so I was able to watch and listen more than 4 hours of U2 rehearsing, some times the techs, some times the boys, never ending versions of HMTMKMKM and mofo...well, for those reasons, every time I listen that bass line in Gone, it brings me chills, they bring back intense memories.

That might be the coolest thing I've ever heard (U2 related).

Adam's opening bass line on With Or Without You...so simple yet so beautiful.

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

rafmed, your story gave ME chills up my spine!

FOUR HOURS of U2.

FOUR. HOURS. OMG.
eek.gif

Sometimes bribing can be a very very good thing....

Originally posted by rafmed:

Back
Top Bottom