Favorite Live Versions of.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickphisto

The Fly
what are everyones favorite live versions of these songs?

with or without you
until the end of the world
new years day
pride in the name of love
i still havent found what im looking for..
all i want is you..

With Or Without You: hmm, the "tear gas incident" one from 4 July 1987, Paris springs to mind.
Until The End Of The World: 10 April 2001, Calgary has a fierce snippet of Rock 'n' Roll ****** at the end.
New Year's Day: any from the War Tour, really.
Pride: 31 August 1984, Wellington - one of only two decent live versions of Pride that I can think of (the other being 8 March 1987, Belfast).
ISHFWILF: Don't care. I always skip it.
AIWIY: One of the Lovetown versions where it's played in a sort of medley with Bad, such as 20 October 1989, Sydney.
40: 5 February 1985, Bologna.

rickphisto said:
what are everyones favorite live versions of these songs?

with or without you
until the end of the world
new years day
pride in the name of love
i still havent found what im looking for..
all i want is you..

with or without you --- tempe, added lines 'shine like stars'

until the end of the world --- slane castle

new year's day -- slane castle

pride -- glasgow 1985

i still haven't... -- denver 1987

all i want is you -- slane castle

40 -- dublin, december 31st

loverippedaway said:
A little of topic but what is the longest version of bad captured live? (besides live aid, if that is the longest.)

Live Aid isn't the longest - there are some other performances from 1985 that pass it in length. I think the longest is 16:16.

Axver said:

Live Aid isn't the longest - there are some other performances from 1985 that pass it in length. I think the longest is 16:16.

:eyebrow: :huh: What the hell do they do for 16 minutes? Or should I say, how many snippets did they cram in there.......?

loverippedaway said:
A little of topic but what is the longest version of bad captured live? (besides live aid, if that is the longest.)

I think the longest version of Bad ever was in East Rutherford on 15-04-1985. That night the song was indeed about 16 minutes long. Don't know for sure though, as I don't have the specific recording.

:)

With Or Without You: Rocks Hottest Ticket in Chicago in 1987

Until the End of the World: Slane Castle version

New Years Day: Also Slane Castle

Pride (In the Name of Love): 2/5/85 in Italy

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For: Rocks Hottest Ticket

All I Want is You: Slane

40:Under a Blood Red Sky

With or Without You

the MacPhisto Zoomerang / Zoo TV Sydney version sends shivvers down my spine every time I see it

:up:

WoWY - PopMart/Vertigo
UTEOTW - Elevation
New Year's Day - PopMart (love those piano echoes)
Pride - ZooTv
ISHFWILF - PopMart (Santiago, Chile)
AIWIY - Elevation/Slane
40 - ???

discothequeLP said:
tear gas incident? :scratch:

Someone set off a smoke bomb in the audience during WOWY. Other than that, I dont think its a spectacular version of the song or anything though. :shrug:

-Any Zootv 92 Perfomance
-Stop Sellafield
-Lovetown 31th Dublin or Popmart Mexico
-Joshua or Lovetown tour
-Popmart mexico
-London Promo Tour 2000/1
-Vertigo Tour

Blue Room said:

Someone set off a smoke bomb in the audience during WOWY. Other than that, I dont think its a spectacular version of the song or anything though. :shrug:

I think it's quite a good performance - besides being rather lengthy, it has an improvised verse by Bono that I enjoy to listen to.

Axver said:

I think it's quite a good performance - besides being rather lengthy, it has an improvised verse by Bono that I enjoy to listen to.

Does anyone have this uploaded to or something? (If you do - hi:wave: :heart: !)

Axver said:

I didnt say it was bad, it just doesnt jump out at me as the greatest WOWY ever. :shrug: Each their own.

with or without you(R&H video and Pomart Mexico)
until the end of the world(Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame)
new years day(Popmart Mexico)
pride in the name of love(1986-06-15 - East Rutherford)
i still havent found what im looking for..(Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame)
all i want is you..(don't know wich one)
40(don't know wich one)

Blue Room said:

I didnt say it was bad, it just doesnt jump out at me as the greatest WOWY ever. :shrug: Each their own.
I actually rather like that one as well, the extra verse was awesome, and B really put some vigour in the 'Ohhh's' 'Ohhh's' at the end.

partygirlvox said:

Does anyone have this uploaded to or something? (If you do - hi:wave: :heart: !)
If someone already hasnt by the time I finish work later on, I'll upload the vid of that song.

Sken said:

If someone already hasnt by the time I finish work later on, I'll upload the vid of that song.

Dude you're a star!

Sken said:

I actually rather like that one as well, the extra verse was awesome, and B really put some vigour in the 'Ohhh's' 'Ohhh's' at the end.

Good for you! I guess I'm wrong on this completely subjective topic. :shrug:

Blue Room said:

Good for you! I guess I'm wrong on this completely subjective topic. :shrug:
Oh sorry if it that came out wrong, I agree with you there are better versions vocally, just thought that one stood out.

partygirlvox

Here is the vid as requested. Please make sure you have the latest xvid codec if it doesnt play.

http://www.meg aupload.com/?d=GZY0LLHE

Cheers
Sken

Back
Top Bottom