Favorite LIVE U2 song..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooper2000

The Fly
Only ones that were released on albums (UABRS, Rattle and Hum, WAIA, Hasta La Vista Baby ect.)

I'd have to say the version of Sunday Bloody Sunday on UABRS is my all time favorite.. it is simply amazing, especially the intro.. it gives me goosebumps.

'There's been a lot of talk about this next song.. maybe, maybe too much talk. This song is.. not a rebel song. This song is, SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY'!

Last edited:
Sunday Bloody Sunday!
Rattle and Hum Version: Now lemme tell you somethin'. I've had enough of Irish Americans who haven't been back to their country in twenty or thirty years come up to ME and talk about the RESISTANCE, the REVOLUTION BACK HOME. And the GLORY of the REVOLUTON, and the GLORY of DYIN' for the revolution. FUCK THE REVOLUTION! They don't talk about the glory of KILLING for the revolution. WHAT'S THE GLORY in takin' a man from his bed and gunnin' him down in front of his wife and his children? WHERE'S THE GLORY IN THAT? Where's the glory in bombing a Rememberance Day parade of old-aged pensioners, their medals taken out and polished up for the day. WHERE'S THE GLORY IN THAT? To leave them dyin', or crippled for life, or DEAD, UNDER THE RUBBLE OF A REVOLUTION, that the majority of the people of my country don't want. SING 'NO MORE'!

The passion this song brings to the whole band is what makes it so special for me. I get chills everytime I hear the start of those drums.

Bad, One, Walk On, Exit, Bullet the Blue Sky, Running To Stand Still all get honorable mentions.

Last edited:
Bad -- Chicago IV or the Lovetown New Year's Show 12/31/89

honourable mention: The Fly (any Elevation show) and City of Blinding Lights (Empire Fullon show)

As far as official live releases go, then I pick The Electric Co. from Under a Blood Red Sky.

Meghan said:
Sunday Bloody Sunday!
Rattle and Hum Version: Now lemme tell you somethin'. I've had enough of Irish Americans who haven't been back to their country in twenty or thirty years come up to ME and talk about the RESISTANCE, the REVOLUTION BACK HOME. And the GLORY of the REVOLUTON, and the GLORY of DYIN' for the revolution. FUCK THE REVOLUTION! They don't talk about the glory of KILLING for the revolution. WHAT'S THE GLORY in takin' a man from his bed and gunnin' him down in front of his wife and his children? WHERE'S THE GLORY IN THAT? Where's the glory in bombing a Rememberance Day parade of old-aged pensioners, their medals taken out and polished up for the day. WHERE'S THE GLORY IN THAT? To leave them dyin', or crippled for life, or DEAD, UNDER THE RUBBLE OF A REVOLUTION, that the majority of the people of my country don't want. SING 'NO MORE'!

The passion this song brings to the whole band is what makes it so special for me. I get chills everytime I hear the start of those drums.

Bad, One, Walk On, Exit, Bullet the Blue Sky, Running To Stand Still all get honorable mentions.

Yea, out of the DVDs, that performance of sunday bloody sunday on rattle and hum is by far my favorite. It is absolutely sensational. Stellar. I get chills listening to it.

Last edited:
Sunday Bloody Sunday, With or Without You and Exit- Rattle and Hum

Out of Control- U2 Go Home

Bad-Live Aid

One-orchestral version, I don't know where it is from exactly but I think it is a benefit concert

I TOTALLY agree with the Sunday bloody Sunday version of the R&H video..... it is the best song any band ever played live!

Numer 2 is Bad from the same video....:drool:

Well the SBS that everyone is raving about on R&H is what got me into U2 in a big way, so props to that. But the best thing off Rattle & Hum (and dammit there's a lot) is probably Bad (with WOWY & Running not far behind).

Of Commercially released albums (which I think is what the origional post intended) then probably Pride off R&H.

And didnt I use too many brackets (it's a problem).

11 O'Clock Tick Tock from Under a Blood Red Sky. Absolutely amazing guitar solo. :drool:

Bad off of Rattle and Hum is the most amazing thing I've ever seen captured on film, musically. It just cannot be beaten, for me. I saw that tour in person, that likely adds to it. Bad from Live Aid aint too shabby either. Bad off of Wide Awakw in America is also incredible. I must like Bad. :)

SBS from Rattle and Hum is amazing, agreed.

The Fly - Vertigo Tour
Bullet the Blue Sky - ZooTV
Where the Streets Have No Name - Popmart
Love and Peace or Else - Vertigo Tour
Gone - Elevation Tour

Bad from WAIA
Electric Co. from UABRS
Exit from R&H Movie
WTSHNN from Boston DVD
Gloria from UABRS

Until the end of the world-Zoo T.V (dublin show 1993)
Mysterious Ways-Zoo T.V (Texas 1992)
With or without you-Rattle & Hum movie
Last night on earth-Popmart
Sometimes you cant make it on your own-SNL
Please-MTV awards 1997

any song that makes bono go chaotic and makes edge dance :wink:

but to be honest, probably SBS from Rattle and Hum. it's just... emotionally incredible.

Ohh.. the version of Bullet the Blue Sky on the Boston DVD was unbelieveable aswell.

Especially when he has the spot light in his hands and is doing the dialogue.

Back
Top Bottom