Favorite Edge solo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I was just listening to Street Mission, from the pre-Boy era. That song has a SICK guitar solo. Possibly the most classic-rock-esque Edge has ever been. Love that song. But I think Edge's best solo is the live verison of "Love is Blindness"

There's something about the solo to The Fly that makes it the best. Especially noticable during the Elevation performances, I love how the song goes from the deep, dark, verse to the fuckin' spectacular chorus, then back to the dark again at the end. The solo pretty much sums up the song, going from dark and dreary at the beninning to just plain sweet and amazing at the end. I can't really explain it.

It depends on the mood. Either The Fly from Elevation tour, or 11 O'Clock Tick Tock from Irving Plaza. :drool:

SV- The 11 O'Clock solo- are you talking about the regular one or the "grandfather clock" solo on UABRS (and at the very very hard to hear end of the studio version)?

UnforgettableLemon said:
I was just listening to Street Mission, from the pre-Boy era. That song has a SICK guitar solo. Possibly the most classic-rock-esque Edge has ever been. Love that song.

It's a GREAT guitar solo!!!!! :bow:

I don't know which is my favorite but here are the ones that could be:

Bullet The Blue Sky (Live)
The Fly
Love Is Blindness (Live)
Twilight
Miracle Drug
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Street Missions
New York (Live)

Street Mission :drool:

Miracle Drug, The Fly... but, my favorite is Love Is Blindness live

Street Mission to me has always sounded like a mix between green day and oasis....

It just reminds me of that Walking Contradiction song in many ways haha

Yahweh said:
Street Mission to me has always sounded like a mix between green day and oasis....

It just reminds me of that Walking Contradiction song in many ways haha

As far as Green Day and U2, you can chalk it up to similar influences

can't choose my fave, which is either fly or bullet or NYD......

But since no one mentioned The Fool, i'll let u guys think about this one!!! Really cool solo, very traditional sounding ffrom the Edge!!!!! Kinda like ABOY really! I wish the fool was on boy....lol

Back
Top Bottom