favorite concert opening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
whats your favorite concert opening...when the band is coming on stage

Joshua Tree- Red Screen
Zoo TV- channel surfing segment
Popmart- Pop Muzik
Elevation- Elevation mix
Vertigo- Wake Up

That's a reeeeeeally tough question. I don't think I can pick a favorite.

I think the only one I could rule out would be Joshua Tree, if only because I like what other tours did with Streets better (Vertigo excepted).

honestly? As good as the actual productions were I'd have to say I wasn't impressed with the opening of either Popmart or Zoo. Elevation gets my vote - short, to the point, gets you rockin and keeps you there.

T

Wake up, such a brilliant choice. Although pop muzik was pretty damn cool.

Definitely JT, that red screen, at age 15, I will never ever forget that red screen!!! Made me the U2 fan I am today!!! :wink:

By far the ZooTV opening, that was spectacular.

Wake Up/City of Blinding Lights as the honorable mention.

Pop Muzik/Mofo is kickass as well.

It has to be Streets, its red screen and lights explosion. Followed closely by Wake Up -> City of Blinding Lights.

Vertigo as opener of European shows is their worst ever imo.

JT - Bono coming out with the house lights up to sing along to Stand By Me.

Well I have only seen Vertigo so I may be a little biased but I thought Wake Up was really good, although the "everyone" bit annoys the shit out of me.

Haven't had the privelage of seeing Popmart yet, ZooTV was wicked, but a little long, although when Zoo Station starts I have never been more excited in my entire life, JT/Streets/Red was just so simple yet effective and amazing, and I thought Elevation was a bit uninspired.

Back
Top Bottom