Fast Cars very experimental!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Thanks to a nice member here, I now have heard it. It's weird! It has Pop type techno, Indian, almost sitar-type sounds, strange lyrics, and a general odd vibe. People who love experimentation should love it, it's one of the biggest steps out of musical bounds they've ever done!

Its a nice little experimental piece. I like the fact there's a gap on the album with in on after Yahweh, so that you realise the REAL album has finished, and now you get your 'something extra'!:wink:

I prefer it to Yahweh but it doesn't follow the albums theme so well done:wink:

Aardvark747 said:
Its a nice little experimental piece. I like the fact there's a gap on the album with in on after Yahweh, so that you realise the REAL album has finished, and now you get your 'something extra'!:wink:

I hate that pause! I wish they had edited it out for the Fast Cars version. It seems like an eternal wait!!

I think the pause is absolutely necessary. One can always push the "skip" button after "Yahweh" is finished in order to go straight to "Fast Cars"

Why is it absolutely necessary to have the pause? And, I know this is petty but, why should I have to push the skip button (especially when I'm listening to it through headphones), you know what I mean?

I agree, it is quite experimental and an extremely cool song! I still don't understand the reasoning behind not including it on all the CDs.

It's also got some Spanish guitar in there. I love that song...odd though it is.

I LOVE IT! I am praying they play it...it's a cool, jive kind of song that makes me want to dance

Experimentation by itself is nothing. Experimentation with musical genius is everything. That's why Fast Cars is a great, great song.

If it wasn't for the internet, this would have been a very amazing surprised as the 12th song.

Alas, it's just a great song :)

Back
Top Bottom