Fast Cars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Am I the only one really excited about Fast Cars? :hyper: Every time I read about it the song seems to get even more interesting! So far the articles have said that Fast Cars has an Irish/Mexican vibe with Moroccan, Middle Eastern influence and an exotic, semi-Arabic beat with a touch of flamenco! :ohmy: That's quite a delicious dish if you ask me! :evil: I'm very interested in this song! I love when bands go into a different kind of sounds from different cultures (different to them of course). :up: I'm wondering about the lyrics though (maybe fast cars is just a metaphor for something). :hmm:

i really want to hear "Mercy." The best B-side i'll ever hear, according to Bono. and u2 has a good history with 6 minute songs (Lemon, Bad, An Cat Dubh).

Ah c'mon, you'll be able to download it somewhere. That's what I'll do. I won't shed any tears over this, that's for sure.

I will just d/l fast cars then rip my CD (the american version that I will buy) into MP3s and put fast cars in there with the other songs and upload them as a whole album to my MP3 player since I use my MP3 player all the time for listening this will be like listening to the japan version.

I agree that Fast Cars sounds as if it will be a really interesting track - something really different from what they've done before. :up:

I'm sure that if it is not on our version of the album, it will pop up as a b-side on something else though. It is pretty bad to not include it on the album in all countries though imho. :(

Larry's drumstick said:
I agree that Fast Cars sounds as if it will be a really interesting track - something really different from what they've done before. :up:

I'm sure that if it is not on our version of the album, it will pop up as a b-side on something else though. It is pretty bad to not include it on the album in all countries though imho. :(

Now I actually think that it's all right that they're not adding Fast Cars into the final mix of songs to be on HTDAAB cause when you see it with the other songs, judging by what we know, it doesn't seem to blend in. As soon as I can I will download the song. But I also think that it will end up on a single as a b-side or something. Maybe if it's good enough U2 might even play it live. :shrug:

Just read on U2eastlink.com forum that Fast Cars will be included in the collector's edition. In Spain, at least, but I think we will get that everywhere. The only thing that isn't so good is that the collector's edition costs 37 euros(!!!).

Back
Top Bottom